Not all Software Engineers fit neatly into a bucket. Luckily, neither do all of the things that need to get done here at Clara. Talented developers come from all different backgrounds, and we’re interested in hearing your unique story. If you’re a smart engineer who loves to solve difficult problems, work on a small, agile team, and isn’t afraid to venture into the unknown, we want to meet you.
Clara is a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms, Redpoint Ventures and Venrock Capital. Based in downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government – a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. We are driven by our mission to improve people’s lives and ultimately transform the way lending works, and believe that the only way to do it is to foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, community and openness. Come join us!
Some things you’ll build
- Elegant, efficient, beautiful interfaces for both consumers and our internal team. We empower and support our customers to make smart financial decisions and, at the same time, we supercharge our internal team to work efficiently with curated, clean data.
- Event capture and mortgage operational understanding. Our flexible and performant event capture infrastructure brings rigorous analytics to a highly complex (and currently inefficient) operational process.
- Domain data rationalization, organization, and curation. Our systems bring sanity to the tragicomically bad systems and processes that most lenders follow today. We’re leading with well-defined and strongly-typed service interfaces, loosely coupled data ingest and validation systems, and data models that are flexible to our ever-evolving understanding of the domain. Also graph databases!
Who you are
- You have strong knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures - most importantly, know when it is and isn’t important to worry about them
- You love building systems - complex pieces of technology that work together to solve something
- You get stuff done and don’t waste time quibbling over trivialities
- Professional software development experience, the more the better
- A strong knowledge of internet and web technology fundamentals
Back to top