Senior Software Engineer, Backend
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build a reliable, extensible and intuitive platform for processing loans. You’re an engineer, so bring your own unique approach to the product. See a problem, solve it and iterate.
- We have product managers and opinionated users, but our engineers are involved (and critically important!) from ideation and requirements to development and deployment. You will never be asked to blindly implement a ticket - instead you’ll be challenged to solve complex and open-ended problems.
- Improve everything you touch. Champion and promote adoption of better tools, coding practices, standards and feedback loops. Refactor ugly code, kill dead code.
- You care about people, especially the other engineers on your team and the business stakeholders that rely on you.
- You open yourself to new ideas and you enjoy discussing concepts and solutions with your teammates.
- You’re a conceptual and organized thinker. You pride yourself on your ability to manage ambiguity and you’re comfortable with flexible, emergent situations.
- You understand CS fundamentals-- you know algorithms and data structures, but more importantly, you know when they’re important and when they’re not.
- You have knowledge of both a popular statically typed and a popular dynamically typed language. Check out our current stack at http://stackshare.io/clara-lending/clara-lending
- You have 4+ years of experience writing quality code for a consumer tech company, or similar relevant experience
Meet Some of Clara's Employees
Finance & Analytics
Lihan employs various metrics to help quantify the financial performance of the company. Her analyses are instrumental in refining the customer experience that Clara provides.
Back to top