Mortgage Process Analyst
If suboptimal processes make your skin crawl, and you're the type of person who prefers to only raise problems along with a brainstorm of possible solutions, then this is the position for you. The Mortgage Process Analyst at Clara will play a key role on the team, bridging the partnership between Mortgage Operations and Product Development. You'll dig through current processes, weeding out inefficiencies in production and leading the implementation of solutions that improve our ability to deliver an empowering borrower experience. We describe ourselves as a union of a mortgage bank and a software company, and in this role you epitomize that combination: your deep knowledge of the mortgage process means that you’re uniquely positioned to identify the nuanced pain-points in the system and prescribe targeted solutions.
Clara is a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms. Based in downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government – a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. We are driven by our mission to improve people’s lives and ultimately transform the way lending works, and believe that the only way to do it is to foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, community and openness. Come join us!
What you'll do
- Discover opportunities for optimization by understanding Production’s pain-points. Work closely with the Engineering and Data teams to design solutions that increase workflow efficiency. Iterate. Repeat.
- Create processes to train team members on new systems in order to drive impact to the business’s bottom line
- Be a documentation evangelist! Create and maintain documentation tracking systems, mappings, configurations, and process workflows
- Act as a living, breathing, solutions-oriented bridge between the Engineering team and Clara’s business partners. This role is critical in building Clara to be the most efficient, transparent and empowering lender in the industry
- You’re familiar with mortgage operations subject matter including important regulations (HMDA, TRID, ECOA) and Underwriter guidelines and workflow
- You’re detail-oriented and analytical, and you’re comfortable communicating complicated subject-matter to a broader audience
- You’re experienced with complex systems. You’ve worked with many distinct components with interconnected workflows, different types of users, and specifically financial systems that interact with capital markets
- You have experience digesting business requirements and working with engineering teams to bring them to life them through implementation, testing and rollout
- 3+ years in a requirements-heavy role/environment, ideally in the mortgage industry
- Bonus: Working knowledge of LOS configurations and setup
- Bonus: Working knowledge of the MISMO data standard
Back to top