Mortgage Loan Processor
We’re hiring mortgage professionals who see the world a little differently.
Mortgage processing is trade. And until recently, a trade that’s been executed in a pretty consistent manner: with lots of trouble-shooting and very little technology. Clara is changing that: we’re re-imagining the lending process and working to transform the severely antiquated mortgage industry by implementing technology to the very core of the mortgage bank. In this role, you will manage the loan pipeline and process in compliance with TRID, etc., the difference is that you’re supported by Engineers, Product Managers and Designers - who are working to build software that mimics what happens in your head to improve the process overall. You’ll both: help people close loans to get into their new homes, as well as be part of innovating the very industry in which you’ve built your career.
Clara is a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms (Redpoint Ventures and Venrock Capital). Based in Downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government – a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. Are you ready for a change from the same ol’ mortgage job? Come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with Loan Officers to ensure timely completion of mortgage process
- Manage pipeline to ensure compliance with RESPA, TILA, HMDA, Reg. B, TRID, etc.
- Verify all required documentation (pre-underwrite) of complete loan package checklist
- Order third party services as needed (appraisal, title, etc.)
- Schedule and track closing dates, loan lock expiration dates and contingency dates
- Document all communication related to the loan application in the conversation log
- Review loan approvals and handle all required conditions for underwriting and closing
- Keeping apprised of changes in Investor, Regulatory and Bank guidelines; integrating changes into daily processes
- Manage loan pipeline; quickly and efficiently move file through loan stages and take corrective actions when file is stalled in a process
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers, including (but not limited to): Appraisal Management Companies, Title companies, Escrow companies, Realtors, Employers, and various internal departments
- Navigate and update the information in the Lending Operating System
- Work with product and engineering team to make recommendations and develop tools to improve the process
- You have 3+ years of recent and relevant Mortgage Industry experience in a process-oriented role, and with experience with multi-state processing
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on TRID, TILA and RESPA; general understanding of Client, Freddie Mac and other investor guidelines
- Comfortable working with post-TRID disclosures
- Communication skills – excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving skills, willing to wear multiple hats when required
- You are a self-starter and are proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritizing
- Proficiency in the following software systems: Lending QB, Docutech, Google sheets, DO, DU, LP
Back to top