Mortgage Loan Officer
We are seeking Loan Officers who look at the world a little differently.
Clara is a modern, technology-enabled mortgage lending platform. The team brings together a unique mix of experience from Silicon Valley, the mortgage industry, financial services, and the federal government. We're based in downtown San Francisco and backed by top-tier venture capital and industry investors.
As a Loan Officer at Clara, you will help streamline the borrower experience as well as provide education and transparency to the borrower. Being that data integrity and clean intake is crucial to the success of our platform, a Clara Loan Officer will be steadfastly committed to collecting the right data upfront. In this role, you will be an integral part of our long-term development by working closely with the Mortgage Operations, Product, and Engineering teams to improve the borrower experience and origination ecosystem. Initial compensation is expected to be primarily salary, with an increasingly variable component as the team matures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the relationship with the borrower from lead to processing
- Create a transparent and delightful borrower experience
- Ensure completeness of a borrower’s profile and give advice when prompted
- Evaluate the loan application and confirm creditworthiness
- Provide a full set of pricing and product options to the borrower
- Develop training materials, policies, and procedures for our sales organization
- Work with product and engineering to systematize the mortgage origination workflow
- Care deeply about a customer’s individual circumstances and reasons for borrowing
- Thorough understanding of entire loan manufacturing process
- Empathetic communicator and great listener
- Don’t accept the status quo: you look for ways to improve the systems and processes around you
- Experience with inside sales and not afraid to make a cold call
- Detail oriented and a diligent note taker
- Excited about the opportunity to improve this process and the innovation we’re bringing to it
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in loan origination; NMLS licensed required, CA license a plus
Back to top