What You'll Do
- Underwrite loans to investor and regulatory guidelines: review credit, capacity, product and borrower eligibility, and collateral
- Monitor and improve Process Flow and Efficiency Planning with Excel and Reporting Skills
- Monitor underwriting production and turn times
- Develop partnership/working relationship with all functional areas
- Partner with Operations and Sales to ensure superior customer service
- Manage and load balance the pipeline of all loans to be underwritten.
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets investor and program criteria.
- Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines.
- Help establish and enforce company credit policies and lending guidelines
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and fraud; create conditions and clear them in a timely manner
- Drive adherence to process and procedures
- Ensure procedures reflect current processes, guidelines
- Communicate business requirements to an engineering team then help realize them through implementation, testing, and rollout
- Continuous improve our processes, procedures and documentation with data-driven improvements
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform our product and engineering teams by answering questions, helping build requirement documentation and run learning sessions on various topics
- Test new product features as they are developed in house, capturing issues/feedback; working with engineering team to resolve
- 7+ years recent experience underwriting for multiple investors, conventional agency, government, and jumbo products
- Current lending authority up to $2.5M
- Solid knowledge of QM/ATR required
- Have a solid grasp of DU and LP automated underwriting systems
- Structured, analytical thinker
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Data-driven mindset
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping execute outside your day-to-day loan pipeline
- Excited by the idea of re-thinking the underwriting process and you are bursting with ideas on how to make it better
- Bonus: Experience underwriting, non-QM, FHA and/or VA loans and have associated DE and/or SAR certifications, and have trained others to obtain their FHA and SAR certifications
- Preferred: San Francisco based
Meet Some of Clara's Employees
Head of Compliance & Risk Management
Bryan is responsible for ensuring that Clara adheres to regulatory compliance requirements in order to protect the organization, its borrowers, and its employees.
Back to top