What You'll Do
- Underwrite loans to investor and regulatory guidelines: review credit, capacity, product and borrower eligibility, and collateral
- Monitor and improve Process Flow and Efficiency Planning with Excel and Reporting Skills
- Monitor underwriting production and turn times
- Develop partnership/working relationship with all functional areas
- Partner with Operations and Sales to ensure superior customer service
- Manage and load balance the pipeline of all loans to be underwritten.
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets investor and program criteria.
- Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines.
- Help establish and enforce company credit policies and lending guidelines
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and fraud; create conditions and clear them in a timely manner
- Drive adherence to process and procedures
- Ensure procedures reflect current processes, guidelines
- Communicate business requirements to an engineering team then help realize them through implementation, testing, and rollout
- Continuous improve our processes, procedures and documentation with data-driven improvements
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform our product and engineering teams by answering questions, helping build requirement documentation and run learning sessions on various topics
- Test new product features as they are developed in house, capturing issues/feedback; working with engineering team to resolve
- 7+ years recent experience underwriting for multiple investors, conventional agency, government, and jumbo products
- Current lending authority up to $2.5M
- Solid knowledge of QM/ATR required
- Have a solid grasp of DU and LP automated underwriting systems
- Structured, analytical thinker
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Data-driven mindset
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping execute outside your day-to-day loan pipeline
- Excited by the idea of re-thinking the underwriting process and you are bursting with ideas on how to make it better
- Bonus: Experience underwriting, non-QM, FHA and/or VA loans and have associated DE and/or SAR certifications, and have trained others to obtain their FHA and SAR certifications
- Preferred: San Francisco based
Meet Some of Clara's Employees
Brian builds technological architecture to optimize Clara’s workflow processes. His work supports internal company operations, allowing Sales and Mortgage Operations Teams to be more efficient with their time.
Back to top