Growth Product Manager
We believe in tackling big, ambitious problems. In an effort to modernize the massively antiquated and frustratingly inefficient mortgage process, we’re re-imagining a $10 trillion industry from the ground-up. Our mission is to reshape the lending experience through the eyes of the borrower: make it empathetic, transparent, reliable and helpful. We need you to help us grow!
The customer is at the center of what we do: our whole business was inspired by the desire to protect Americans from what the housing crisis that many experienced in 2008. In this role, you’ll shape the go to market strategy, forming and testing hypothesis on what most resonates with our customers. You’ll work as part of a smart, collaborative, highly-driven team, and will play a crucial role in shaping our core product.
Clara is a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms. Based in Downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government - a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. Come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Form hypotheses on how to manifest our value propositions in ways that resonate with our customer segment
- Test these hypotheses – for some, you’ll want to creatively run them yourself; for others, you will get leverage from the Design and Engineering teams
- Understand the customer: empathize with individuals going through the lending process to determine what they really need (not necessarily what they say they need)
- Analyze user engagement and drive adoption of product features you define
- Build an understanding of the complete funnel conversion and its drivers
- You have experience with products which operate in complex spaces, or on considered purchases
- You can provide a seasoned perspective on customer acquisition strategies
- You have a deep “toolbox” but, more importantly, understand which tool is appropriate for what problem
- You thrive on helping others understand how to simplify complex workflows and create intuitive, user-friendly interfaces and flows
- You have helped build a consumer-facing product from conception through launch, led research into customer needs and behavior, designed solutions that address those needs, and worked with engineers to make those solutions real
- You have 3+ years experience in product, 3+ years in a role requiring technical acumen, and 2+ years experience in a growth-specific role
- Bonus: You have experience or personal interest in consumer finance and financial identity
Back to top