Enterprise and Third party Risk Governance Lead
The Enterprise & Third party Risk Governance Lead is a second line of defense role and reports to the Head of Enterprise Compliance Risk Management. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Compliance Risk Management and Clara’s Compliance Risk Management team in managing the enterprise and vendor risk governance programs by performing key tasks and assignments with quality. Across all functional areas, you will be able to identify and escalate potential risk and challenges to management.
Clara was founded on the belief that technology can meaningfully change the way families get the capital they need to purchase a home, buy a car, or fund an education. We’re a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms. Based in Downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government - a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. Come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Third Party Risk Governance - responsible for general oversight and monitoring of the Third Party Risk Governance Program (TPGM) in accordance with Program policies and procedures as well as in compliance with applicable regulations as promulgated by regulatory bodies such as the CFPB, FFIEC, and the FTC. This person, in part, monitors risk factors, issues, actions items and progress; participates in vendor governance meetings; follows up on deliverables, coordinates resolution of potential issues; ensures adherence to corporate and operational policies and procedures; prepares communications around vendor governance oversight.
- Enterprise Risk Governance - responsible for promoting risk management and control by identifying, quantifying, reviewing, evaluating, and measuring key risk indicators to ensure that risk categories are identified and managed in accordance with: regulatory compliance and audit requirements; established risk appetite and approved risk tolerance levels; and strategic plans approved by the Board of Directors. The oversight of this role will include first and second lines of defense.
- Across both functions:
- Coordinates activities of team members and external vendor resources
- Prepares risk and third-party service provider governance reports for senior level management
- Serves as liaison between team members and functional area managementGathers and disseminates information
- Develops, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports to implement corporate vendor governance standards
- Continuously seek, learn, and apply industry best practices to deliver improvements to the Enterprise and Vendor Risk Governance programs and assist in the program’s design
- Strong understanding of mortgage-related risks, controls and the ability to think through multiple scenarios and ask challenging questions to ensure the integrity of the controls environment is maintained
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Can generally and confidently operate without much senior management oversight
- Perform research, process / data analysis with summarization of results
- Must have at least 8 years experience in residential mortgage lending with at least 2 years experience in a residential mortgage risk management role
- Must have at least 3 years experience with third-party/vendor risk governance under the requirements of the CFPB
Back to top