Data Product Manager
If you think like a product owner, look at the world through the lenses of data and enjoy working closely with both engineers and executives, this is the job for you. At Clara, in an effort to modernize the massively antiquated and frustratingly inefficient mortgage process, we’re re-imagining a $10 trillion industry. Our mission is to completely re-manufacture the lending experience to serve our customers: make it empathetic, transparent, reliable and data-driven.
The customer is at the center of what we do, and in this role you’ll establish the business intelligence function that helps us understand the people we serve. You’ll build out the Clara data strategy, plan a data product roadmap, and select and implement systems and tools. You’ll work as part of a smart, collaborative, highly-driven team, and will play a strategic role in shaping the testing, design and prioritization decisions for our core product.
Clara is a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms, Redpoint Ventures and Venrock Capital. Based in downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government – a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. We are driven by our mission to improve people’s lives and ultimately transform the way lending works, and believe that the only way to do it is to foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, community and openness. Come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with major business units (Marketing, Sales, Operations) to understand business needs and pain points, and shape end-to-end products that enable your teammates to use data and do quantitative analyses that drive strategic decisions
- Shape the data strategy and the data roadmap for the company
- Build and develop the newly-established Data Team
- Proactively use data to discover areas for growth with our product as well as gaps in the experience
- Teach stakeholders how to be data-driven in a way that guides decision-making and performance
- You have experience owning a company-wide data initiative
- You have 5+ years experience with Analytics and hold a degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- You have prior experience in an early-stage, product-centric company
- Focus on tooling and infrastructure, and you’re a systematic thinker
- You have deep experience working with complex logic and large data sets; Strong SQL skills are required; Analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel), Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau), and Programming experience (e.g. Python) are all plusses
- You’re self-motivated, and you’re driven primarily by outcomes and problems solved, not by the cleverness, innovativeness or technical complexity/interestingness of the solution
- You’re hands-on – you like to roll up your sleeves to build a deep understanding of the problem
- You’re hypothesis-driven – you have a bias for running small tests, learning quickly and iterating rapidly
- Bonus: You have experience or personal interest in consumer finance and financial identity
Back to top