WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Wrangle the organization’s system event stream into an integrated data pipeline. You’re an engineer, so bring your own unique approach to the problem. Identify. Improve. Iterate. Repeat.
- Build analytics tools utilizing the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into the customer acquisition funnel and loan origination operational efficiency metrics. As an early engineer on the team, you’ll own the platform and tooling end-to-end.
- Empower analytics end-users and stakeholders to perform sophisticated analysis, with an emphasis on driving action. This includes practices such as A/B testing and other statistical methods.
- Tackle thorny, real-world problems head-on. How do the evolving event schemas and semantics of an eventually consistent microservice architecture get reconciled across time into a unified view?
- Collaborate with stakeholders including the Executive team, Product, Design, and Production to help build Clara to be the most efficient, transparent, empowering, and data-driven lender in the industry
WHAT YOU WON'T DO
- Be hamstrung by the limitations of Big Data. Instead, our data is small-batch, complex, and rich (you could even say “artisanal”). Our focus is not the operational care and feeding of Big Data infrastructure. Hadoop, Cassandra, InfluxDB, etc. and their limitations are not gating factors here, and you are free to innovate with less constrained tools.
- You care about people, especially the other engineers on your team with and the business stakeholders that rely on you.
- You’re open to new ideas and you enjoy discussing concepts and solutions with your teammates.
- You’re a conceptual and organized thinker. You pride yourself on your ability to manage ambiguity and you’re comfortable with flexible, emergent situations.
- You are knowledgeable about common data science and data engineering tools, without being reliant on them. If needed, you would be able to build them from the ground up.
- You have knowledge of both a popular statically typed and a popular dynamically typed language. Our stack on the back end is primarily: Scala, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Python.
- You have experience in engineering or data science, or in a relevant/related field.
Meet Some of Clara's Employees
Finance & Analytics
Lihan employs various metrics to help quantify the financial performance of the company. Her analyses are instrumental in refining the customer experience that Clara provides.
Back to top