At Clara, in an effort to modernize the massively antiquated and frustratingly inefficient mortgage process, we’re re-imagining a $10 trillion industry. Our mission is to completely reimagine the lending experience to serve our customers: make it empathetic, transparent, reliable and data-driven.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our CEO and the executive team to build and shape Clara’s communication strategy and roadmap. You should love to write, take a ton of pride in the work you create, and be deeply motivated by the challenge of communicating complex subjects to a broad audience. You’ll work as part of a collaborative, smart, and highly-driven team, and you will play a strategic role in shaping the tone and content of our product experience, as well as the messaging of the Clara brand.
Clara is a modern, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms, Redpoint Ventures and Venrock Capital. Based in downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government – a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. We are driven by our mission to improve people’s lives and ultimately transform the way lending works, and we believe that the only way to do it is to foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, community and openness. Come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Shape the communications strategy and roadmap for Clara
- Work closely with the CEO and executive team to drive internal and external communications for the company
- Establish relationships and partnerships with different press outlets to drive earned media and build Clara’s reputation for thought leadership
- Select, engage and manage PR agency to supplement our efforts
- Draft press releases, company communication and speaking points in your own voice and on behalf of executives
- Act as a spokesperson for the company, representing the product, organization and mission to media outlets, investors and other stakeholders
- Define best practices for representing Clara externally and teach your teammates to be excellent brand ambassadors
- You have 4+ years experience in a PR or Communications; a combination of agency and client-side is a plus
- You have prior experience in an early-stage, product-centric company or have worked in government communications
- You are an excellent writer and versatile communicator
- You’re calm under pressure and have the war stories from handling crisis situations to prove it
- You’re hands-on – you like to roll up your sleeves and help us start from scratch in building relationships with the press
Back to top