Applied Data Scientist
Are you a self-starter? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for an Applied Data Scientist to join our team!
Civis Analytics was born on the campaign trail, with CEO Dan Wagner and our founding members spearheading the 2012 Obama for America analytics team. Since then, our DC and Chicago teams have been building software and growing rapidly among a steadily developing client base in education, energy, government, healthcare, media, nonprofits, and politics. It’s our mission to empower organizations to find truth and guide actions that will change their world for the better.
- Work with colleagues to structure complex client problems to be solved using imperfect data
- Enhances, finds patterns in, and builds predictive models on large data sets
- Maintain a continuous and independent education on cutting-edge statistical techniques and programming languages
- Develop and adhere to a quality control process
- Work with Applied Data Scientist Managers to derive clear, actionable, and timely insights from analyses
- Work with the Applied Data Scientist Managers to create presentations that are client-ready, clear, and correct
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (political science, statistics, math, economics, physics, etc) or equivalent
- Proven affinity for and experience with working with large data sets
- Proven affinity for and experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python,STATA, etc.
- Experience working with presentation software, such as Tableau and MS PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to complete work on time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Meet Some of Civis Analytics's Employees
Director of Data Science
Katie oversees creation of software as part of the Research and Development Department. She also performs in-depth research to identify and prepare for new data science trends.
Back to top