Are you passionate about sales? Does selling cutting edge technology energize you? Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? If so – we hope that you’ll join us.
Civis Analytics was born on the campaign trail, with CEO Dan Wagner and our founding members spearheading the 2012 Obama for America analytics team. Since then, our DC and Chicago teams have been building software and growing rapidly among a steadily developing client base in education, energy, government, healthcare, media, nonprofits, and politics. It’s our mission to empower organizations to find truth and guide actions that will change their world for the better.
In this position, reporting to the vice president of sales, you’ll be calling on key decision makers and stakeholders to better understand their organization’s challenges. You’ll then help identify ways that Civis Analytics’ platform and services can transform their capabilities around leveraging data and using predictive modeling. Specifically – you’ll identify opportunities within your territory, build significant relationships within the organization, drive and close business deals with your key accounts.
Civis Analytics is a team-based organization - so you’ll have full support of the team to drive sales. That means that you must work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives. Additionally, we value creativity, hard work, commitment to delivering on goals and on-the-job-excellence.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Interested? We want to hear from you!
- Define a territory strategy to meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist organization in growing existing business
- Generate leads and opportunities using tried-and-true, as well as innovative sales methods
- Identify and close opportunities within the identified territory and/or industry segment
- Lead dialogues with customers and prospects, delivering value-based business propositions
- Coordinate technical presentations and proposals with Civis technical sales professionals and staff to deliver winning solutions that meet the customer’s needs
- Understand the customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Maintain close partnerships with Civis customers, always ensuring Civis is considered a trusted partner
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data analytics space along with the broader analytics technology environment, therefore serving as trusted advisor to customers and identifying market changes or new opportunities to the Civis management and product teams
- BA/BS degree
- Five to ten years experience in consultative, needs-based sales
- Proven record of selling cloud-based software solutions and negotiations through all levels of client organizations
- Effective territory planning and time management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Coherent understanding of data analytics / science and the broader analytics technology environment (Examples: Redshift, Python, Hadoop)
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skilled at navigating ambiguity and manage competing priorities
- Strategic account approach
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%
Meet Some of Civis Analytics's Employees
Director of Data Science
Katie oversees creation of software as part of the Research and Development Department. She also performs in-depth research to identify and prepare for new data science trends.
Back to top