FileMaker Developer I
CIVIC Financial Services is an industry leading private money lender focused on providing short and long term debt for Residential and Commercial real estate investors. Civic was founded in 2014 by its parent companies Wedgewood Inc. and HMC Assets LLC, and is a well-capitalized lending-arm of the Wedgewood Companies. CIVIC was started to provide common sense financing for real estate entrepreneurs and has funded over $2.5 Billion in loans since its inception. CIVIC was recognized as a "Great Place to Work" for 2019, as published by Fortune. Also, Bill Tessar, (CIVIC's CEO) was identified as an Executive leading the housing industry by HousingWire's Vanguard Awards in 2018.
This position will work in conjunction with a FileMaker Developer II to develop/ construct/ plan FileMaker layouts, scripts, and calculations as instructed. The candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including database administration, feature design and development, application support, and troubleshooting. The company uses a FileMaker Pro 17, 18, 19 database for real estate asset management, vendor tracking, and management reporting.
What you'll do:
- Assist FileMaker Developer II to develop new sub-routines, modules, and expand existing solution
- Administration, development, maintenance, documentation, and troubleshooting of a complex FileMaker Pro database
- Work as a productive team member in support of defining requirements, acceptance criteria, and delivery schedules
- Participate in business process review and redesign
- Manage projects of all sizes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Creating UI layouts directly in FileMaker environment, scripting, and creating or modifying fields, calculations, tables and relationships
- Ability to read and troubleshoot existing scripts
- Ability to pay high attention to detail and to handle multiple projects, strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Produce and work with XML
- Integrating FileMaker solutions with non-FileMaker systems through RESTful APIs, ODBC, CURL
- Ability to complete tasks in an environment where interruptions are the norm and background noise is present
- Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Any combination of education and training equivalent to possession of an Associate or Bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering, or other related areas; such education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed herein
- Minimum 5 years' experience designing, implementing and deploying FileMaker database solutions using FileMaker Pro Advanced 17 and FileMaker Server using version 17 or higher
- Possession of a FileMaker Pro Certificate 15 and or higher is preferred
- Highly proficient in application and server-side scripting
- Experience with FileMaker IWP
- Experience with working 3rd party plugins
- Experience with developing from ER diagrams
- Experience in developing using "Anchor-Buoy" FileMaker methodology
- Experience in database design concepts; data communications and networked systems; fundamentals of page layout, design, and graphic illustration
- Experience in writing SQL statements
- Experience working with and integrating 3rd party plug-ins into FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server
- Experience with working on both Mac and Windows OS environment
- FileMaker integration with SQL Server / T-SQL experience
- HTML / PHP / JSON experience preferred
- Sample of past work examples
What's in it for you:
CIVIC offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer homeownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, CIVIC provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
CIVIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Check us out on The Muse.
Company: Civic Financial Services
Back to top