CIVIC Financial Services is an industry leading private money lender focused on providing short and long term debt for Residential and Commercial real estate investors. Civic was founded in 2014 by its parent companies Wedgewood Inc. and HMC Assets LLC, and is a well-capitalized lending-arm of the Wedgewood Companies. CIVIC was started to provide common sense financing for real estate entrepreneurs and has funded over $2.5 Billion in loans since its inception. CIVIC was recognized as a "Great Place to Work" for 2019, as published by Fortune. Also, Bill Tessar, (CIVIC's CEO) was identified as an Executive leading the housing industry by HousingWire's Vanguard Awards in 2018.
Appraiser plays a key role in the process of valuing properties. Their common duties include appraising homes, commercial real estate and other properties, preparing appraisal reports, keeping up-to-date on the local real estate market and handling additional responsibilities as needed. The daily duties include preparing reports on a property's value, inspecting properties and preparing legal descriptions and data regarding multiple real estate properties.
What you'll do:
- Perform and document thorough analysis of property market values
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills when presenting analysis, conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- Remain up-to-date on current appraisal requirements as outlined by company policy, regulatory requirements and licensing requirements
- 5+ years of real estate appraisal experience
- Strong valuation skills
- Prior experience with short sales/REOs
- SRA membership is a plus
- Title insurance background/understanding experience a plus
- Financial Analysis a plus
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Results Driven
- Analyzing Information
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Collaboration Skills
- Stress Management/Composure
What's in it for you:
CIVIC offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer homeownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, CIVIC provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
CIVIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Check us out on The Muse.
Company: Civic Financial Services
Back to top