Civic Builders sits at the nexus of community development and education. Dedicated to giving every child the chance to attend a great school, Civic Builders partners with the nation's best educators to finance and build public charter school buildings. Our model for school development has earned numerous accolades and has been adopted by other nonprofit organizations across the country. We are an experienced team of real estate, finance, and development professionals dedicated to delivering inspirational educational facilities at affordable rates.
We are a highly entrepreneurial organization that is growing quickly and our dedicated and talented team has positioned us to:
• Invest more than $600M into low-income communities: we have developed a million square feet of real estate, representing 27 schools that serve over 13,000 students in the highest need neighborhoods, such as East Harlem, the South Bronx, Bedford-Stuyvesant, and Newark, NJ.
• Receive $118M of New Markets Tax Credits over four award rounds and access funding from the U.S. Department of Education.
• Partner with a leading national K-12 foundation on a $100M loan fund to provide low-interest capital, at an increased scale, to charter schools that are creating and expanding facilities.
• Consult with local and national foundations and non-profits to design investment strategies for charter facilities.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Civic Builders believes that diversity, in all its forms, enriches society and our organization. Because we support students in the highest need neighborhoods, we have a particular charge to understand our schools and their communities. When our staff, board, and partners reflect, value, and embrace the voices and perspectives of those most impacted by what we do, we have a deeper understanding and connection to their needs and more effectively achieve our aspiration of improving lives, revitalizing communities, and helping children receive the education they deserve.
To learn more about Civic Builders, please visit www.civicbuilders.org.
The Finance Team at Civic Builders is seeking a strong Finance Analyst with entrepreneurial spirit to join a growing team and department.
The Finance Analyst position is an integral part of the Finance Team and will report directly to the Finance Manager. As a member of the Finance Team, this individual will coordinate the closing of charter real estate loans and will assist in underwriting transactions for multiple financial products.
• Coordinate completion of "Requests for Information" (RFIs)
• Assist in underwriting charter facilities transactions for Civic equity, debt, and New Markets Tax Credits
• Participate in due diligence gathering, including working with the Real Estate team and 3rd party vendors
• Assist in development of investment recommendations, memos and presentations
• Support documentation process, coordinating with attorneys, consultants, and lenders
• Support the transition of transactions from closing to Asset Management
Your Skill Set:
As the incoming Finance Analyst, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field
• Experience working for a real estate developer and/or lender preferred but not required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively manage relationships with external parties
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to function independently and work on multiple deals efficiently
How to Join Our Team:
Civic Builders offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Civic Builders is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate against any team member or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We encourage all to apply and we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and state how you heard about this opportunity. Both pieces should be submitted in PDF format. You may submit your application via the Muse portal, or send your information directly to the hiring manager – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can send physical resume packages to our hiring manager at the following physical address:
Attn: Hiring Manager
304 Hudson Street, Suite 301
New York, NY 10013
Meet Some of Civic Builders's Employees
CEO & Co-founder
David discovers strategic ways to combine the organization's human and financial capital and improve educational opportunities for the future.
Back to top