Risk Management Coordinator
Perform administrative level and paraprofessional tasks associated with a self-insured risk management operation, claims management, document management, and office administration.Reviews contracts, permits, certificates and other agreements to determine compliance with City's insurance requirements.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the standards of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include an interview. Final selection is contingent upon a background check, which includes:
- Criminal Background Screening
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Two years recent experience in office management, accounting, claims management, insurance, or risk management.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Sets up subrogation files, processes invoice through accounts receivable, drafts, send and follows up on payment demands per department subrogation policy.
- Performs accounting, such as reconciling monthly payment report from accounts receivable to risk master collections claims and processes payment information as needed.
- Reconciles pharmacy and bill payment invoices and statements to insure property application of discounts and charges.
- Maintains the Risk Management Department Share Point Site and documents.
- Posts electronically the Loss Trust Fund Meeting Agendas and Minutes in compliance with the City Clerk's requirements.
- Gathers information from internal and external customers to facilitate team member's ability to provide world class customer service.
- Receives reports of accidents and notices of claims to and create paper and electronic vehicle, property general liability and subrogation's claims in the risk management information system.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a normal City office environment
- Lift and carry plans, reference books, contract files and proposal responses weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a personal computer, telephone,copy and fax machines requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Sr. IT Technician
Luis supports the entire city staff with technical issue resolution across hardware and software, including the data center, and maintains the network infrastructure for the city.
Back to top