Recreation Leader II (Graphic Designer)
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale.
To learn more about working for the City of Scottsdale and meet a few of our employees, click here.
About The Position
The Graphic Designer Recreation Leader II creates professional quality graphics design, photography and other items which support and market City of Scottsdale Community Services programs, services and events Examples of work include flyers, posters, banners, ads for publications, items for digital marketing, photography, photo editing and social media.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
- Drug Screening
Education and Experience
- A minimum ofsix months work experience in the graphic design field. College coursework in recreation or related field from an accredited institution may be substituted for some recreation experience.
Licensing, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
- Successfully complete driving training, first aid, and safety classes.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/department/section assignment. Essential Functions
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Prepares and distributes flyers, posters, and other advertisement for area programs.
- Participates in planning, conducting, and evaluating: events, projects, and programs.
- Integrates safety into all aspects of recreation, planning, and programming.
- Uses personal computer to prepare quality written documents including: accident and incident reports, event flyers, e-mails, and electronic timesheet.
- Depending on assignment, may be asked to lead a team or project. In this role, may be asked to coordinate daily activities of subordinate staff.
- May be asked to provide input into the employee evaluation process.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and muscular dexterity to enter data or information into a terminal, personal computer, or other keyboard device.
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Maintenance Worker III
Working hand-in-hand with the Recreation Department, Ron and his Maintenance Team care for the city’s parks, preparing for events and maintaining the beauty that Scottsdale is renowned for.
Back to top