Police Records Specialist - Police Records Assignment
The Police Records Specialist performs customer service assistance to both internal and external customers, complex record keeping to include compiling statistics, data entry, filing, proofreading, scanning, retrieval of police reports and other forms, maintenance of computerized records management system, queries state and national criminal justice information systems, and other clerical work as needed.The PoliceRecords Specialistalso makes entries to state and national criminal justice information systems.
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale.
You may find further information regarding theRecords Specialistposition and the testing processfor the position by clicking here.
Applicants whose education, training and experiencemost closely meet the needs of this position may be invited to participate in aselection process to include a written test andoral board interview.Final selection is contingent upon a background check which includes:
- Criminal background screening
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment drug test,and psychological evaluation.The timeframe for reapplication with the Police Department varies based on the position and the needs of the organization.
For further information on eligibility, please contact Public Safety Human Resources at [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WITH APPLICANTS WILL BE DONE VIA EMAIL AND NO COMMUNICATION WILL BE SENT PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
- Two years customer service and clerical experience, including data entry and word processing experience.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Depending on the assignment, obtain and maintain either a Level A or Level B Arizona Criminal Justice Information System (ACJIS) computer certification. Training is provided on duty and testing is completed within first six months of hire.
- Candidates for the Police Records Assignment must successfully pass a validated administrative test.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Enters, queries, and retrieves information on various computer systems.
- Completes all ACJIS functions following national and state mandates and instructions.
- Provides customer service to the public, departmental personnel and other agencies.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls by routing them to the appropriate Section member or by researching various paper and computer files to respond to inquiries.
- Handle difficult situations which may occureither by telephone or personal contact.
- Processes citations, final dispositions, long form submittals, and public/governmental records requests timely.
- Prepares various background and/or departmental report requests timely for courts and prosecution.
- Opens, sorts, distributes daily mail, citations approaching court date and Officer citation requests.
- Handles cash and prepares deposits.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal City office environment.
- Reach, bend and stoop to reach files.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Maintenance Worker III
Working hand-in-hand with the Recreation Department, Ron and his Maintenance Team care for the city’s parks, preparing for events and maintaining the beauty that Scottsdale is renowned for.
Back to top