Performs the service and installation of PC workstations, printers, peripheral equipment voice and data communications and cabling.
This position requires a CompTIA A+ certification at time of hire.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Criminal background screening for the past 7 years
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicle Records check
The posting will be open until the needs of th city are met.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
Education and Experience
- Completion of an accredited electronics technical course, or equivalent training.
- One year experience in the field of computer repair.
- Oneyear experience in troubleshooting and staging of PC hardware and related equipment.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
- CompTIA A+ certification.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/department/service assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Performs routine technical duties required to install and maintain computer, laptops, ruggedized, tablet and other forms of PC's; printers and other peripherals.
- Performs routine technical duties required to maintain and repair computers, telephones, printers and PC peripheral equipment.
- Cellular phone setups and problem solving.
- Performs preventative maintenance on heavy-use equipment such as computers, mobile phones,monitors, and printers.
- Defines specifications, obtains pricing for and assists in the procurement of new technology and replacement parts for equipment.
- OperatesHelpdesk and provides Tier 2 and 3 support on a rotational basis.
- Coordinates the scheduling of work to be performed with department representative(s) and contractors to ensure that all work is completed effectively and successfully and to technical standards of the City.
- Works closely with all members of the City's Communications and Helpdesk Support staff in all phases of staging, moving,installation, troubleshooting of computers, servers and telephones.
- Updates on-line work order inventory systems and interprets customer's needs.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and muscular dexterity to operate common hand tools and a variety of standard and power driven equipment and/or machinery.
- Work in small cramped areas, cold temperatures and/or high volume of noise; climb ladders or steps to reach objects; stoop and bend.
- Moves heavy objects, including computers, printers, cabling, weighing up to 50 pounds to deliver equipment to various work sites.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Travel to/from various City locations.
Click here to view the entire job description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Sr. IT Technician
Luis supports the entire city staff with technical issue resolution across hardware and software, including the data center, and maintains the network infrastructure for the city.
Back to top