Feed & Bedding Worker
This position providespart-time feed and bedding supportat WestWorld.
WestWorld is an equestrian and special event facility where applicants must be comfortable working around large animals. Experience operating an all-terrainforklift is preferred. A variety of shifts are available, typically rangingfrom 8:00am to 5:00pm. WestWorld is open 7 days a week and this position will be required to:
- Occasionally be available to work shifts ranging from 7:00am to 6:00pm.
- Work some holidays and weekends.
- Work up to 29 hours per week.
The Feed and Bedding Worker position is a physical job working outdoors most of the time, and will require the lifting and carrying of bales of hay, bales of bedding, and bags of grain which can weigh between 30 and 100 pounds. This position is non-benefited. There are multiple positions, but this posting will close when the needs of the City have been met.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate inthe selection process, to includea panel interview.
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Drug screening
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time. Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
- Requires the skill and knowledge to operate a personal computer to enter and retrieve data.
- Experience operating a warehouse forklift is required.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- A valid driver license with no major driving citations in the last 39 months is required.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
- Receives and unloads bulk delivery of equestrian feed and bedding supplies.
- Acts as a retail clerk with exceptional customer service skills.
- Provides a variety of information to the general public either face-to-face or over a telephone.
- Answers multiple telephone lines and directs inquires to the appropriate staff member as well as process point of sale transactions.
- Opens, operates and closes a city cash drawer for multiple transactions per day.
- Accepts payments (cash, credit card, check, etc) for events, reservations or programs.
- Operates a computer to prepare a variety of documents for distribution; creates, maintains and/or updates records and produces support materials used for publication or distribution.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry bales of hay (up to 100 pounds), bags of grain (up to 50 pounds) and bales of bedding (up to 30 pounds) for distances of approximately 10 feet with assistance from a hay hook/handle or manual labor repetitively on a routine daily basis.
- Bend and stoop to move and / or deliver hay, grain and bedding. Use a utility cart to deliver purchased product to customer.
- Sit, stand or move for extended periods of time.
- Work varied schedules according to events, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Work in extreme inclement weather for long periods of time.
- Click Here to view theentire job description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Maintenance Worker III
Working hand-in-hand with the Recreation Department, Ron and his Maintenance Team care for the city’s parks, preparing for events and maintaining the beauty that Scottsdale is renowned for.
Back to top