This position providespart time custodial workat WestWorld, and the posting will close when the needs of the City have been met.
WestWorld is an equestrian and special event facility. Applicants must be comfortable working around animals. We are open 7 days a week and this position will be required to:
- Work a variety of shifts ranging from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Work holidays and weekends.
This position is part-time forup to 24 hours a week,with a variety of shifts available.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate inthe selection process, to includea panel interview.
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Drug Screen
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale.
To learn more about working for the City of Scottsdale and meet a few of our employees, click here. Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Any experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- A valid driver license with no major driving citations in the last 39 monthsis required.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Essential Functions
- Performs routine restroom service, maintenance, upkeep and repair at WestWorld
- Cleanssidewalks, patios, restrooms and drinking fountains utilizing various manually operated tools and water hoses.
- Washes all sidewalks, drive-ways, private streets and benches.
- Manually rakes, sweeps and cleans entrances, floors and walkways around buildings, equine arenas and barns.
- Performs trash pickup.
- Applies cleaning agents in accordance with OSHA and City of Scottsdale standards.
- Cleans various areas using brooms, power washers and other various tools.
- Maintains a detailed written log of activities performed and amount of time spent on each activity.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Perform manual work that requires standing and walking/moving continuous periods of time, lifting, bending, standing and climbing elevations, along with moving on wet floors and surfaces.
- Lifts and empties trash cans or bags weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to the sun, chemicals, dust, grease, noise, inclement weather, temperature extremes and unpleasant odors.
- Travel to/from various locations on WestWorld premises, around pedestrians and animals.
- Works in extreme inclement weather for long periods of time.
Click Here to view theentire job description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Maintenance Worker III
Working hand-in-hand with the Recreation Department, Ron and his Maintenance Team care for the city’s parks, preparing for events and maintaining the beauty that Scottsdale is renowned for.
Back to top