Court Services Supervisor
Plans, organizes, and supervises the activities of the Court staff in the court ensuring that employees have the tools and direction needed to perform the critical functions of the Court. Administers, supervises, coordinates, and provides leadership to a work unit and ensures appropriate use of resources. Provides administrative and technical supervision for effective court processes with no gap in services.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the standards of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include an interview. Final selection is contingent upon a background check, which includes:
- Criminal Background Screening
Education and Experience
- Four years court administration experience or three years experience at the Scottsdale City Court.
- Plussupervisory experience orScottsdale City Court Clerk III experience.
- An Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Following preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with an electronic case management system.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Supervises court operations for a work unit ensuring compliance with applicable laws, prioritizes assignments, workflow, monitors and schedules staff to ensure Court functions are adequately covered.
- Prepares analytical-based reports and can assist in budget preparation and cost estimates.
- Performs Court Clerk duties as necessary to ensure prompt and efficient service delivery whenworkload demands.
- Investigates, handles, and responds toproblems and complaints from the public and other agencies.
- Monitors staff engagement and efficiency and responds with appropriate action which can include mentoring and recommending, and/or delivering training, and assigning work.
- Participates in employee evaluations up to and including preparation and delivery of written performance appraisals.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal City office environment.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including: computer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Meet Some of City of Scottsdale, AZ's Employees
Sr. IT Technician
Luis supports the entire city staff with technical issue resolution across hardware and software, including the data center, and maintains the network infrastructure for the city.
Back to top