Oracle EBS Techno-Functional Analyst
- Philadelphia, PA
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Opportunities in Tech - Don’t wait for the future, shape it.
Benefits - We care about your well being.
The Office of Director of Finance was created by the Philadelphia Home Rule Charter, adopted by the electors of the City on April 17, 1951, to give the Mayor and the City government a principal officer responsible for the financial, accounting, and budgeting functions of the executive branch. The Director of Finance is thus the chief financial officer of the City and all powers and duties concerning finances, accounting, and budgeting in the executive branch are directly or indirectly the Director's. The Director of Finance is also the Chairman of the Board of Pensions and Retirements and an ex-officio member of the board of various quasi-governmental agencies, including the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority. The City of Philadelphia operates on a fiscal year between July 1st and June 30th.
The Oracle EBS Techno-Functional Analyst is responsible for design, development, testing, implementation, operational support, and maintenance of CEMLI items for the City’s Human Capital Management System, which includes HR, Payroll, OTL, and Advanced Benefits. This position will directly report to the ERP Manager on the OnePhilly team.
- Design, build, customize and support Oracle EBS, troubleshooting, identifying issues, performing root cause analysis, documenting and providing the best solutions to meet the City’s needs.
- Build custom solutions (RICEWF) including but not limited to reports, interfaces, conversions, extensions, workflows, OAF extensions/customizations and personalization per Oracle’s Recommended Standards.
- Follow the already established development Standards and Processes
- Follow the already established change management process for the team
- Work with the Technical Support lead, functional leads, and solution architect to understand the functional and technical requirements of all the CEMLI items supported by the OnePhilly system
- Review requirements documents; create technical design, deployment and other required documents per the Standards and Processes
- Provide production support, documentation and delivery of ad-hoc requests
- Develop appropriate test scenarios and scripts as needed
- Provide regular status updates to management
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery
- Create migration documents and work with DBAs to implement required solutions
- Work with third party vendors to validate the accuracy and completeness of interfaces
Education and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelors’ degree with coursework in computing or information systems and progressively responsible technology related and analysis experience.
- Three (3) years or more of development and support experience with excellent problem-solving skills on Oracle EBS R12 environment
- Experience working in a large governmental environment preferred
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in integrating Oracle EBS with ancillary/third-party systems.
- Possession of good technical skills in Oracle Database, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix/Linux, Reports, Forms, XML/BI Publisher, JDeveloper, OAF Customizations, Extensions, Workflows, and other tool sets needed to support Oracle EBS is a requirement.
- Must have experience with Advanced PL/SQL, Tuning, Queries.
- Must have extensive experience using Oracle API’s
- Must have experience with web services development and web services interfaces
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Oracle EBS HCM and Payroll
- SOA architecture
- Working knowledge of any middleware (preferably TIBCO) for integrations is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Java is a plus
- MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- Employees are eligible for a 25% tuition discount program (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx
Back to top