IT Manager - Platforms & Messaging
- Philadelphia, PA
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
The Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) oversees most major technology projects for the City of Philadelphia (CoP), ensures continuity of the City's technology operations, and finds new ways to help the public interact meaningfully with technology. OIT uses technology to help City employees do their work better and helps residents get what they need from municipal government.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs
Benefits - We care about your well being
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health’s (DPH’s) mission is to protect and promote the health of all Philadelphians and to provide a safety net for the most vulnerable. We provide services, set policies, and enforce laws that support the dignity of every man, woman, and child in Philadelphia. The health department is organized in the following divisions, each of which is responsible for providing service related to its name: AIDS Activity Coordinating Office, Air Management Services, Ambulatory Health Services, Chronic Disease Prevention, Commissioner’s Office, COVID Containment, Disease Control, Environmental Health Services, Facilities Management, Fiscal, Human Resources, Information Technology, Lead and Healthy Homes, Maternal Child and Family Health Services, Medical Examiner’s Office, Substance Abuse Prevention and Harm Reduction, and Public Health Laboratory.
The department also provides nursing homes services, and we work with a broad network of community, hospital, academic and business partners throughout Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley. We work together to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work and play.
The Office of Innovation and Technology is currently searching for an experienced IT Manager who operates as a working manager and can manage a small diverse team performing third tier support, participate on projects and daily maintenance and operations. The ideal candidate will be able to manage our active directory, Microsoft Office 365, McAfee, SCCM environments through a team of varied levels of engineers.
- Oversee daily operation of messaging and infrastructure teams that support Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, McAfee and others to ensure the timely resolution to trouble tickets as well as requests.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of messaging and collaboration technologies making recommendations to improve the administration, availability, scalability, and disaster recovery of current systems in conjunction with the Unified Communications Director
- Monitor messaging applications, systems agents, dashboards and other monitoring tools in conjunction with the Major Incident Manager
Monitor message data flows and identify any information flow trends that might indicate a failure or system anomaly are proactively detected. The Contractor shall notify the Organizational Messaging Manager of identified trends or anomalies
Ensure system and application backup and recovery solutions are available and is protected from loss or corruption in a manner consistent with agency disaster recovery procedures.
Provide long and short-term strategies to ensure the continued operation of all platforms as well as plan for improvements and upgrades in the technology used to support the City of Philadelphia.
Oversee for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the proper use of technology and provide training to technical staff.
Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and fail-over procedures
- Work in coordination with the Support Center Team in resolving issues for all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- O365 Suite
- Microsoft (including roadmap and updates, audits)
- Windows Updates
- Strategy and planning
- Tier 4 technical support
- McAfee or other ATP tools
- Active Directory Controls
- AD Manager/Audit
- Dynamics (CRM)
- Highly professional vendor management skills
- Possesses excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to champion causes with positive impact and change
- Ability to manage a diverse 10 direct reports in a matrix environment as well as on site
- Incident Management and problem-solving skills
- Project Management skills are a plus
- Budgets a plus
- Ability to lead in a remote environment
- Completion of a 4-year University Degree in an IT-related field
- 5 -10 years of experience in Information Technology roles of increasing complexity
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- 4+ years' managing vendor relationships and working with professional engagements.
- Knowledge of federal, state and other regulatory compliance including, but not limited to CJIS, PCI, and HIPPA, is strongly preferred
- Experience in government entities
- Able to provide strong references successfully demonstrating such abilities and experience as defined above
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- 25% tuition discount program for City employees (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
*The successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to faqpchr @phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx
Back to top