Enterprise Resource Planning Manager
- Philadelphia, PA
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Opportunities in Tech - Don’t wait for the future, shape it.
Benefits - We care about your well being.
The Office of Director of Finance was created by the Philadelphia Home Rule Charter, adopted by the electors of the City on April 17, 1951, to give the Mayor and the City government a principal officer responsible for the financial, accounting, and budgeting functions of the executive branch. The Director of Finance is thus the chief financial officer of the City and all powers and duties concerning finances, accounting, and budgeting in the executive branch are directly or indirectly the Director's. The Director of Finance is also the Chairman of the Board of Pensions and Retirements and an ex-officio member of the board of various quasi-governmental agencies, including the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority. The City of Philadelphia operates on a fiscal year between July 1st and June 30th.
The ERP Manager is responsible for managing the operational support, maintenance, and development activities of the City’s Oracle HCM and PeopleSoft Pensions systems. The position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth hands-on functional and technical expertise with Oracle eBusiness HCM. The manager is responsible for appropriate staffing, staff management, performance management, and continuous service improvement.
- Responsible for managing a team of Oracle functional and technical resources (both employees and consultants) who maintains, supports, and enhances City’s Oracle HCM and PeopleSoft Pensions systems.
- Fully responsible for the interviewing, hiring, motivating, conducting performance reviews, and terminations, when needed, of direct reports.
- Schedules staff work based on project and support priorities; reviews work; and mentors staff.
- Develops training plans for team members based on availability of training and skillset.
- Develops and maintains project plans for all ERP application and system enhancements when a project manager is not assigned.
- Reports, tracks and communicates status and issues of team projects in a timely manner, based on departmental defined reporting expectations.
- Coaches teams on planning, tracking and completion of work within an agreed plan, using agreed methods and processes.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the current business processes by meeting/working with users
- Gains a good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing objectives and evaluates needs by using multiple sources of information as input to analyze solutions
- Provides guidance to team members and business analysts in the creation of unit system testing plans and test scripts and ensures the thorough testing of all software customizations, bolt-ons, and interfaces to meet SDLC requirements.
- Ensures that team members complete necessary documentation for all efforts.
- Enforces the compliancy of established processes and procedures for project management, SDLC, and/or ERP design and coding standards for all efforts.
- Is responsible for the quality and timeliness of end results and the effectiveness of the team
- Stays current with evolving technologies.
- Uses highly developed communication and diplomacy skills in order to direct/motivate/influence teams and external customers
Education and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelors degree with coursework in computing or information systems, or in management and progressively responsible technology-related and analysis experience.
- Seven (7) years or more of applicable work experience
- Experience working in a large governmental environment preferred
- Experience with personnel management
- Experience with project management
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Oracle, and enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of databases and data warehousing
- Working knowledge of server administration
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinates
- Good understanding of the methods and techniques used in information technology.
- Ability to coordinate a work team and determine and coordinate training for specific tasks or assignments.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
- Oracle EBS HCM and PeopleSoft Pensions technology
- Broad-based technology in multiple business applications and environments
- Request for Proposal (RFP) process and contract negotiation
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working effectively across organizational boundaries
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- Employees are eligible for a 25% tuition discount program (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx
Back to top