SAP Technical Lead
As a SAP Technical Lead, you will have the ability to directly impact the success of the City of Houston's SAP solutions. You will do this as hands on SAP Technical Lead working closely with the City's technical team, functional team and customers to design, implement and lead transformational solutions and drive the adoption and expansion of SAP solutions, pilot SAP services with a select few partners, and provide thought leadership for SAP Solutions that will make their business delivery easy and efficient. In this technology lead position you should feel comfortable in working with the service providers, able to support SAP Portal development and interfaces, lead a team of technical experts in Basis, Security, Portal and/or ABAP if required; eventually provide requirements and drive solutions. You should be ready to take ownership of the initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of solutions. In addition, you will look at the various technologies and capability in our product portfolio and see how best to leverage to create a rich portfolio of services. We are looking for someone who can join right away and help make an immediate impact. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of technical skills, business acumen and a good understanding of the public sector eco-system and solution space. Candidate hired for this position should have the following:
- Deep level of understanding in Portal domain, both development and administration;
- Good knowledge of database administration of SAP, SAP Basis administration and SAP Security administration
- Well versed in interface management
- Well versed in portal development
- Well versed in creating project plans, design documents and architectural presentations
- Well versed in working with internal customers as well as external vendor partners
- Well versed in designing solutions that are sustainable and supportable
- Well versed in design, develop and implement backup and restore strategy, policies and procedures
- Understanding the detail behind the solutions and also be able to communicate the high level vision
- Person working in this position will act as a senior technologist and should have a broad understanding of technology architect and develop solutions with the potential to drive projects and solutions.
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight for successful piloting of the solutions with a few key partners with a goal to driver broader adoption
WORKING CONDITIONS - This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS - Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS - At least six (6) years of technology experience supporting applications. Greater than six (6) years of applicable experience may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the education requirement.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS - A valid Texas Driver's License and compliance with the City of Houston's policy on driving (AP 2-2).
At least 5 years of SAP Technical Leadership experience
At least 5 years hands on experience in Portal development/administration, Gateway, BW, Business Objects, ABAP and/or ECC administration
At least 2 years' experience in SAP Security and Basis experience with specific expertise on Single Sign on design and development
At least 3 years' experience in architecting, designing and deploying private/public in house/cloud solutions
Functional knowledge of the SAP application to test & validate application
Expert in creating scripts to automate the install process and make it repeatable
Expert in interaction with management and technical specialist and provide timely/quality advice
Must have ability to work in a fast pace environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values at all times
Ability to think strategically and develop and articulate a mental model of the complete, end-to-end solution and the associated value proposition
Professional and Business acumen to keenly and quickly assess, understand, and deal with internal and external business situations
Demonstrated project leadership experience
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization
Polished public speaking and presentation skills
Must be able to clearly articulate complex technical topics verbally, in English.
Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.
SALARY INFORMATION - $69,394.00 - $101,686.00 Annually
Meet Some of City of Houston's Employees
Senior Communications Specialist
Jamaica creates the social media recruitment strategy for the City of Houston and oversees projects related to employment branding, employment collateral, and social media initiatives related to recruiting.
Back to top