SAP FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT - FUNDS MANAGEMENT
SAP Functional Consultant- Funds Management should have a deep understanding and hands on experience in configuration of core SAP Financials and possibly Grants/Asset Management modules including configuration, master data and integration with SAP FI/CO; Familiar with standard SAP reports and can perform functional needs assessments to assist in developing customized reports and solutions; Ability to provide gap analysis, changes to SAP Financial configuration to stay up to date with vendors roadmap; Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, using initiative to accomplish results within specified deadlines; Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills to accomplish project goals; Ability to present complex technical information in a simple, clear and concise manner; Strong business and political acumen to work effectively with the business departments; Strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of stakeholders; Works effectively in a support team-oriented environment to promote knowledge transfer in areas driven by system integration; Commitment to customer service delivery, public service, fiscal responsibility and innovation in governmentPerson hired for this position should be able to do the following:
- Well versed in evaluating customers' business needs, contributing to the overall strategic planning of SAP Financials, Budgets, Funds Management and Grant Management systems.
- Good working knowledge of SAP BPC or PBF.
- Ability to interact with management and technical specialist and provide timely/quality advice.
- Good understanding of the business requirements and should have ability to prepare Functional Design Documents for development of various FRICEW objects (Forms, Reports, Interface, Conversion, Enhancement and Workflows).
- Lead the team and work effectively within a team environment.
- Good Knowledge of ASAP Methodology.
- Good understanding of a SAP landscape and architecture.
- A good understanding of ITIL processes.
- Experience in leadership role in Agile solution teams including business and IS personnel to configure and develop SAP solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to do functional specifications, SAP configuration and test cases, as well as good knowledge of concepts. Strong documentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers.
WORKING CONDITIONS: There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Significant time spent using computer display, keyboard, and mouse.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field. Usually has advanced technical certifications that demonstrate mastery of a specialized application.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: At least six (6) years of technology experience supporting applications. Advanced certifications and/or greater than six (6) years applicable experience may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the education requirement.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: None
PREFERENCES: Preference will be given to candidates with 2 or more years of management experience in the areas of desktop support. Applicants with 5 years practical SAP FM, some HCM implementation and support skills encompassing majority of the following elements: Budgeting; PBC (Position Budgeting & Controls); Budget Availability; HR, Compensation; Payroll; and good understanding of data integration. Preference will also be given to candidate with:
- Experience in at least 2 major SAP implementations.
- At least 5 years of experience in SAP Financials or Funds Management configuration experience (FICO) module .
- Working knowledge of configuration in SAP Grants or Asset Management.
- Working knowledge of configuration of SAP Budgeting modules.
- SAP FICO/FM Certification preferable but not mandatory.
- At least 3 Full Life Cycle Implementation.
Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.
SALARY INFORMATION: $65,988.00 - $103,000.00 Annually
Meet Some of City of Houston's Employees
Senior Communications Specialist
Jamaica creates the social media recruitment strategy for the City of Houston and oversees projects related to employment branding, employment collateral, and social media initiatives related to recruiting.
Back to top