ERP Business Systems Consultant - Fund Management
ERP Business Systems Consultant – Funds Management should have a deep understanding and hands on experience in configuration of core SAP Public Sector Management – Funds Management and Grants Management modules including configuration, master data and integration with SAP FI/CO; Familiar with standard SAP reports and can perform functional needs assessments to assist in developing customized reports and solutions; Ability to provide detailed recommendations for SAP system configuration or functionality; Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, using initiative to accomplish results; Ability to balance competing priorities with both internally and externally imposed deadlines; Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills to accomplish project goals; Ability to complete assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner; Ability to present complex technical information in a simple, clear and concise manner; Strong business and political acumen to work effectively with the business departments; Strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of stakeholders; Works effectively in a support team-oriented environment to promote knowledge transfer in areas driven by system integration; Commitment to customer service delivery, public service, fiscal responsibility and innovation in government
Person hired for this position should be able to do the following:
- Well versed in evaluating customers' business needs, contributing to the overall strategic planning of SAP FM and Grant Management systems.
- Ability to interact with management and technical specialist and provide timely/quality advice.
- Good understanding of the business requirements and should have ability to prepare Functional Design Documents for development of various FRICEW objects (Forms, Reports, Interface, Conversion, Enhancement and Workflows).
- Lead the team and work effectively within a team environment.
- Good Knowledge of ASAP Methodology.
- Good understanding of a SAP landscape and architecture
- A good understanding of ITIL processes
- Experience in leadership role in Agile solution teams including business and IS personnel to configure and develop SAP solutions
- Demonstrated ability to do functional specifications, SAP configuration and test cases, as well as good knowledge of concepts. Strong documentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Seven years of business process and analytical experience related to the type of work being performed, with at least two years of experience in SAP application and configuration.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
A valid Texas Driver's License and compliance with the City of Houston's policy on driving (AP 2-2).
Preference will be given to candidates with management experience in the areas of desktop support. Preference will be given to applicants with practical SAP FM and some HCM implementation and support skills encompassing majority of the following elements: Budgeting; PBC (Position Budgeting & Controls); Budget Availability; HR, Compensation; Payroll; and good understanding of data integrations. Preference will also be given to candidate with:
- Experience in at least 2 major SAP implementations.
- SAP Funds Management experience.
- SAP Grants Management experience.
- SAP Position Budgeting Control experience.
- SAP FM Certification preferable but not mandatory.
- At least 3 Full Life Cycle Implementation.
Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION YES XNO
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification. The salary range is:
PAY GRADE: 28
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov. To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting:http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top