Wellness Program Coordinator
Requisition ID: 8831
Job Title: Wellness Program Coordinator
Serves as a primary resource for centralized, efficient access to wellness information throughout the enterprise. Ensures the efficient day-to-day operation and administration of multiple wellness program activities aimed at improving employee health and well-being, e.g., physical fitness, weight reduction, stress management and smoking cessation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Wellness Program Operations: Assist in the planning, administration and communication of the corporate wellness program. Develops marketing materials to promote fitness, proper nutrition, healthy lifestyles, and advertise wellness offerings. Administer and support wellness education and programs for employees and community. Provide recommendations on changes or additions to the program.
- Implements strategies and plans that ensure the advancement and on-going building of a comprehensive wellness program, utilizing health and wellness best practices.
- Ensure all programs logistics are managed timely. Collect, compile and report results of evaluation, attendance, and participant data. Communicate program data and produce reports as needed. Ensure facilitators are scheduled and all of their needs for effective class delivery are met.
- Collaborate on the development and delivery of promotional wellness campaigns. Identify ways to embed wellbeing into the environment, while creating awareness and visibility for wellness.
- Facilitate health related group activities such as walking groups, weight loss support groups, etc. Focus campaigns and challenges on lifestyle habit change/improvement.
- Projects & Streamlining: Effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects as needed. Responsible for managing time appropriately so that daily, weekly, and monthly duties are completed with demonstrated flexibility to handle shifting priorities.
- Held accountable for timely implementation, communication, and on-going support of assigned projects and programs.
- Assist with the coordination, development and administration of activities, assessments, individual and team challenges, guest speakers, screenings, open enrollment, family wellness events, etc.
- Support the planning and development of communication materials.
- Assist with the delivery and streamlining of projects, events, incentive programs, etc.
- Support & Vendor Management: Meets with vendors to reviews and discusses opportunities on renewing or creating a new contract. Oversee recreation vendors, evaluate onsite recreation programs, and update recreations offerings on employee Wellness Website.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in health and wellness field, with coordination of health care or educational related programs.
- Prior experience consistent with duties
- Experience in health care setting
- Ability to public speak
- Excellent verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality
- Display tact/consideration in dealing with City of Hope employees
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining positive, cooperative working relationships
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Master’s degree
- Adobe Acrobat, MS Project or project management software
About City of Hope:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top