Vice President, Revenue Cycle
Requisition ID : 9610
Job Title: Vice President, Revenue Cycle
The Vice-President of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for enhancing and maintaining a properly functioning revenue cycle process through a cross-department organizational structure. These functional areas act interdependently during a patient visit, contributing critical information required for clinical service and procuring payment. The Vice-President of Revenue Cycle Management concentrates focus, efforts and resources on continuous improvement of patient intake, integrity of revenue capture, quality of coding and effectiveness of billing, collection and cash application
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects associated with planning and delivering of the highest quality customer focused Revenue Cycle (over $1b net patient revenue) through a combination of direct and indirect oversight of the various revenue cycle departments.
- Directly supervises day-to-day activities of the City of Hope National Medical Center revenue cycle staff and 3rd Party revenue cycle service providers, as well as provide oversight of the revenue cycle across the wider network to ensure that processes are coordinated and end-to-end performance is optimized.
- Functions as a change agent; leads the enterprise-wide development and implementation of revenue cycle strategies that are optimal and consistent with best practice processes.
- Provides support and information to the medical staff with regards to health information with the goals of optimizing revenue and promoting billing compliance.
- Assesses and responds to current and future internal and external healthcare trends in order to establish and ensure the necessary direction for the revenue cycle activities.
- Ensures Revenue cycle goals including Medical Center A/R days, cash and bad debt are delivered.
- Responsible for coordinating and enhancing the development of data collection, analysis and reporting processes for senior management of the revenue cycle, including information integrity validation and interpretation.
- Oversee the financial interface between and performance analysis of the patient financial services functions and other fiscal services functions.
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare year-end audits with public accounting firms and third party auditors as they relate to A/R operations.
- Maintain a collaborative supporting relationship with other management staff across the network and encourage direct reports to do likewise to ensure integration of patient processes that will achieve optimal patient and financial outcomes.
- Directly participate in completion of various financial forecasts, including cost center salary and direct expenses, month-end financial reporting, receivables, cost center productivity, and strategic plans for the department.
- Lead Monthly Revenue Cycle Steering Committee Meetings, Participate in revenue cycle, denial management, charge master, and access management meetings.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a financial leadership role and demonstrated experience in a leadership role in hospital revenue cycle management.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, PeopleSoft and EPIC
- Thinks strategically; develops and operationalizes plans in accordance with the organization's mission.
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare financing, strategy, community benefit, and charity care.
- Exhibits strong executive presence, outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and public speaking skills.
- Displays a passion for healthcare and for making a difference. Expresses commitment to City of Hope's mission, personally identifies with its vision.
- High ethics and strong set of values. Unwavering integrity. Demonstrated courage.
- Exhibits flexibility while influencing others and is open-minded on alternative means of getting needed business results; excellent negotiation capabilities.
- Anticipates needs, responds quickly, provides guidance and support, monitors and follows up as required.
- Approaches change by accomplishing milestones and works with and through others to drive change.
- Able to handle stressful situations yet remain calm in crisis.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top