Vice President, Marketing & Digital Channels
Requisition ID : 9124
Job Title: Vice President, Marketing & Digital Channels
The Vice President, Digital Channels will play a lead role in the strategic planning and execution of the digital marketing programs. This role will also be responsible for the oversight of the company website, including developing the content strategy, recommending enhancements, implementing best practices and reporting on analytics. This role will also have oversight of all clinical marketing. This position will be expected to closely monitor and understand trends and stay current on the competition in order to develop impactful strategies for City of Hope. The VP, Digital Channels will need to partner and create a strong relationship with Philanthropy. Expertise in current digital marketing practices and technologies is essential for this role.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, and provides strategic counsel regarding digital channels and marketing to the Chief Executive Officer of City of Hope and the executive team for the entire City of Hope enterprise which is comprised of the City of Hope National Medical Center, Development Group, Beckman Research Institute, and the City of Hope Medical Foundation. Position will directly supervise new business development, creative services, clinical and web marketing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and implement successful strategic marketing plans to provide innovative market-driven and value added solutions to increase revenue and profitability
- Create metrics to determine measurement of success for marketing strategy and determine ROI.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, budget for, and evaluate new business development, creative services, clinical and web marketing for City of Hope. All financial and budgetary activities for these areas will be carefully planned, implemented and monitored.
- Develop the creative approach, selects external consultants as appropriate, and implements the program which has measurable and sustainable outcomes.
- Develop and execute marketing activities to include brand positioning, market segmentation and brand awareness
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the Marketing, New Business Development and Creative Services teams
- Ensure consistent positioning and messaging across marketing and digital channels
- Develop and establish serviced-oriented, client-based processes that are cost effective and ensure timely and efficient programs.
- Generate and analyze competitive intelligence as well as identify new marketing trends and opportunities
- Build internal bench strength and come up with a long term succession strategy.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Master's degree required.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in relevant aspects of digital channels and marketing, including at least 5 years of experience in the health care arena.
- At least 5 years of experience at an advertising agency with significant digital management experience.
- Ability to work well with creative staff, administrators and academic medical professionals.
- Demonstrated skills in initiating, planning and operationalizing performance improvement.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top