- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope has established the Office of Transformation, which is designed to lift the organization to realize its vision by partnering with leaders across the enterprise to drive and support our most important strategic priorities and key initiatives, as well as deliver an organizational culture of speed, focus, connectedness and enterprise. This team supports activities such as large-scale program management, operating model design, enterprise readiness & integration and change strategy, strategic planning, and performance management of enterprise initiatives.
Reporting to the Director or Senior Manager, the Transformation Manager will oversee and lead teams in the successful execution of a portfolio of initiatives related to one or more of the organization’s strategic objectives. This role will focus on one or more of the following in their execution of initiatives: change strategy, leadership alignment, organizational change & culture, strategic portfolio management through best practices in project management and/or process improvement processes and methodology.
The successful candidate has a proven track record of leading complex, enterprise-wide transformation projects or complex, cross-functional programs.
A strong Transformation Manager should be able to:
- Manage project teams across a portfolio of initiatives to ensure milestones are delivered on schedule and business objectives are met
- Identify interdependencies between projects in a portfolio and ensure risks are mitigated
- Break down complex concepts and clearly articulate and communicate concepts to stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a track record of designing and executing work streams with a focus on change strategy and management; operating model experience is considered a plus
- Demonstrate a track record of designing and managing programs with multiple projects and work streams; process improvement or strategic initiative planning
- Identify and develop training curriculums for the Organization Transformation team and mentor team members to build skills and continue their career progression
- Develop and deliver training programs on core Organization Transformation capabilities and methodologies to equip the enterprise to manage smaller, less complex future projects
- Inspire and coach Organization Transformation team members and enterprise stakeholders to develop capabilities and engage positively in transformation activities
- Build credibility and become an effective trusted advisor and confidant of key decision makers
- Understand and effectively deliver best practices, tools and templates across program management, PI & change management; model best practices for enterprise stakeholders
- Partner effectively across the P&ET vertical to deliver collaboratively to the business
- Measure effectiveness of service offerings and address opportunities and feedback through targeted improvement initiatives
- Understand the enterprise vision and objectives and ensure projects are aligned
- Oversee portfolio initiatives and provide guidance for teams to reach milestones and successfully complete deliverables
- Mentor junior resources on the team to reach current and future team success
- Manage enterprise clients and drives towards desired business outcomes
- Organize and facilitate internal team and stakeholder meetings
- Drive team development activities
- Participate in self-development efforts (i.e. training)
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have at least 6 years of consulting, process improvement, program management office, and/or other relevant experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, Project and/or Portfolio Management Systems preferred.
Back to top