This position provides second level support in a MAC and/or PC computer based environment including troubleshooting and resolving problems and providing first-line customer service. This position provides support for PC and MAC computers and is responsible for the replacement of existing machines with the latest hardware and software platforms for MAC. This position also utilizes the latest MAC OS, Parallels and Bootcamp Virtual Machine Configurations, Safari/Firefox browser support along with support and installation of Microsoft Office for MAC.
- Provide first-line support in the event of PC or MAC software/hardware problems, mobile device, telecommunications, or audiovisual issues, including training and technical assistance to the end user as required
- Primary Support for PC and MAC computers, perform MAC OS updates, help evaluate new MAC hardware and software systems implemented
- Provide support for the telecommunication or audiovisual issues in various settings (Clinical, Research, General Business, Meetings)
- May Assist in the implementation of telecommunication and audiovisual systems
- May provide production and post production video/slide show editing, splicing, sound track synchronizing and other related audio visual technical work
- Minimum High School or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years desktop computer and PC hardware/software support including peripherals in a high volume setting. Ideally this includes experience with mobile devices and PDAs. General troubleshooting and experience with Local Area Networks required for all. Strong customer service is a must
- A+ Certification, or equivalent certification relevant to PC support, Telecommunications, or Audiovisual with two (2) months of employment (where applicable).
- Current California Drivers License and a good driving record for insurance purposes (where applicable).
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. . *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top