Technology Licensing Manager
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Evaluates the commercial potential of City of Hope developed technologies, identifying companies interested in these technologies and negotiates the legal and business aspects involved in transferring the technology. Establishes and maintains a marketing program that presents City of Hope technologies to appropriate companies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintains an ongoing awareness of the research of the City of Hope national medical Center and Beckman Research Institute and identifies emerging technologies with commercial potential.
- Evaluates City of Hope technologies with respect to the validity of the scientific basis of the technology, strength of the likely patent/copyright/trade secret position, potential commercial return on the technology, and mechanism of commercialization.
- Identifies and maintains a database of companies potentially interested in City of Hope technologies.
- Establishes and maintains a marketing program that presents to appropriate companies those technologies the City of Hope wishes to commercialize.
- Prepares and negotiates the wording in nondisclosure, material transfer, industry sponsored research agreements and license agreements. Interacts closely with involved investigator(s) when preparing agreements.
- Interacts extensively with attorneys and company executives dealing with uncommon inquiries and/or situations.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- BS with MS or MBA or JD
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Three years related business and/or academic experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top