Systems Trainer (Senior Application Support Analyst)
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope's mission is to turn hope into reality. Focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses, City of Hope has established itself as a world-class leader in transforming the future of health. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its leading-edge research, its exquisite and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of biomedical education and training, is a vital component of the City of Hope model of success. Each member of the Office of Philanthropy is a stakeholder in this work, with personal accountability for his/her role in building a successful future of delivering new cures, treatments and education.
The Office of Philanthropy's vision is to support this life-saving work by being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs. Recent recruitments of nationally and internationally renowned faculty offer advancement leaders new opportunity for partnership among philanthropy, research and patient care.
Under general supervision of the Senior Executive Director of Information Solutions, the incumbent will actively participate and work in a highly collaborative fashion with the Office of Philanthropy staff to influence job roles and organization structures to drive faster adoption on all systems and business process improvement initiatives through training and change management techniques. The incumbent, will execute strategies that support the shared vision of the Preparing Our People initiative. This effort includes supporting the Philanthropy team to realize our goal of excelling as a highly collaborative, efficient, and creative team. The Senior Application Suport Analyst will help implement a cultural adherence to personal accountability, shared success, and a commitment to professional growth.
The Senior Application Support Analyst will contribute by employing and modeling key processes and programs that support an office-wide focus on collaboration, efficiencies and metrics-based performance outcomes, in addition to primary role responsibilities.
Specifically, under the direction of the Senior Executive Director, the incumbent will provide training and support for AccessHope, the Blackbaud fundraising CRM application and its related integrated applications. Working independently with minimal supervision, performs diversified, advanced and confidential analyst work at the direction of and in support of the Information Solutions team. Requires thorough knowledge of departmental data policies and procedures. Serves as key resource to provide extensive group training and informational presentations for Office of Philanthropy staff in the use of AccessHope and other related integrated applications (such as Luminate Online, OurHope, Gesture, etc.), consultation and in-depth support to staff, including one-on-one training, as needed, ongoing assessment of functionality changes, development and implementation of application training to support changes, and active outreach with staff to continue to solicit feedback on AccessHope functionality.
Key Responsibilities include:
Instructional Training, Design and Support
- Manages the delivery, creation and maintenance of the AccessHope training courses. Identifies cross-functional information sharing and skill building opportunities to deliver customized training and developing course curricula, as needed.
- Manages AccessHope training support, training requests, course recommendations and appropriate access to ensure that all users can perform job functions as well as tracks training attendance.
- Analyzes, identifies, and evaluates problems, proposes solutions and prepares status reports. Tracks reported issues and enhancements, and ensures the proper routing of problems to appropriate program area and responses to customers.
- Creates documentation on departmental procedures, statistical reports and documents related to training activities.
Instructional Technology Projects
- Consults with end users to determine report and database needs and limitations. Extracts data from various complex databases for report generation.
- Designs, develops and generates highly complex regular and/or ad hoc reports and databases to address specific business needs or to manage business processes. Consults management on improvements to permanent reports before doing so.
- Analyzes the implication of changes in data needs on data structures.
- Serves as functional and technical consultant on new products and system enhancements and upgrades.
- Participates in business improvement project teams. May lead cross-functional groups in optimizing the use of the existing tools and reports.
- Analyzes impact of process or technical tool changes on existing processes, tools, and interfaces based on knowledge of interdependencies of related functions and systems.
- Delivers training for end users on system. Designs and maintains accurate documentation systems for all database management and analysis applications.
Networking and Outreach
- Serves as consultant to department staff in interpretation and creation of databases and data reports.
- Acts as interface between ITS and end users. Coordinates all systems support, enhancement and upgrades.
Office of Philanthropy Role Model
- Act as spokesperson for City of Hope activities, as requested.
- Participate in meetings, search committees, task forces, and other special projects.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with executive staff, donors, prospects, fundraisers and other City of Hope employees.
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in instructional technology or an education-related discipline required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Preferred Education and Skills:
- At least 5 or more years of demonstrated Blackbaud CRM experience in training and/or instructional design.
- Instructional lead experience and instructional design experience with LMS, e-learning tools like Captivate or similar tools.
- Prior experience interfacing with Business Executives and Professionals
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top