Systems Analyst - Epic
For Pipelines only:Thanks you for your interest. Please note the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research.City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Design, build, and test an assigned Epic module. Maintain documentation of business and system configuration requirements. Configure the Epic software according to decisions made by SMEs such as templates, drop-down boxes and pick lists. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan. Report status of task completion to assigned Team Lead. Provide timely alerts about endangered milestones and deliverables.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics, with minimal supervision
- Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to train on and become certified in one or more relevant Epic system modules.
- Ability to apply knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs.
- Ability to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences.
- Ability to effectively facilitate interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Ability to work independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to attend to detail required.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- Experience 2-5 years healthcare experience in a technical, clinical or revenue cycle operations role
- Relevant Epic module or newly obtained Epic certification within six months of employment
- For internal COH candidates, Epic certification shall be obtained within 9 months of transferring into Epic project
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top