Surgical Services Open House for Experienced Registered Nurses-Thursday, February 23, 2017 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
City of Hope
Surgical Services Open House
Operating Room, PACU, Pre Anesthesia Testing and Endoscopy Nurses Please Join Us On
Thursday, February 23, 2017
4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Michael Amini Building
3rd Floor Outpatient Surgery Center
1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010
Take a tour, enjoy refreshments and giveaways. Meet with our Hiring Managers about opportunities in GI, OR, Pre-Anesthesia Testing and PACU.
RSVP to: LeVell Romeyn: [email protected]
City of Hope is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive cancer centers, world-renowned for compassionate care and advanced research. Our surgical advances, including laparoscopic and robotic-assisted procedures, are expanding possibilities and saving lives.
Minimum Education and Skills Required:
- BSN (Bachelors in Nursing)
- 2 years of clinical experience in Endoscopy/GI, Operating Room, PACU or Pre-Anesthesia Testing
- Current California RN License
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Someone with an insatiable curiosity and sense of inquiry to learn why we treat cancer as we do – and to help us achieve the next level of care
- A heartfelt commitment to providing quality, evidence-based care to help patients achieve optimal outcomes.
- An abiding compassion for patients and their families, all of whom are fighting against cancer and for a return to health.
- A holistic view of healthcare, recognizing that professional nurses not only care for the physical symptoms of cancer, but for the mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual manifestations as well.
- A genuine desire to be challenged by a complex patient population that is aging, and may be suffering from co-morbidities like heart disease or diabetes in addition to a cancer diagnosis.
- A contagious enthusiasm for focusing – or refocusing – your career on the sense of vocation that compelled you to choose nursing in the first place.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-LR
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top