Surgical Oncology NP FT Days
Requisition ID: 9576
We are seeking to hire a Nurse Practitioner for the department of surgery within City of Hope!
- Reports to the clinical nurse manager of the solid tumor program advanced practice providers.
- NP will use his/her advanced knowledge and experience to help evaluate, diagnose and treat general oncologic surgical patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings in close collaboration with his/her attending surgeon, with the team's surgical fellows and surgical residents.
- Blend evidenced-based nursing with nursing education and research to provide quality patient care.
- Take histories, conduct physicals, order, perform and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests and therapies and furnish drugs and devices in a cost efficient manner.
- Functions include, but not limited to:
- Daily rounds for inpatients of your assigned 2-3 attending surgeons, write pertinent orders and discharge patients accordingly.
- Seeing outpatients in clinic.
- Evaluating patients with acute problems in the Evaluation and Treatment Center (ETC).
- Take at least one day call while on campus (7am-5pm) for inpatient consults from other departments; screen patients and set up procedure for central line/Hickman/porta catheter requests.
- Perform bedside procedures such as right atrial catheter (Hickman) removals, minor suturing, sharp debridement, etc.
- Graduate from an accredited NP program.
- Master's in Nursing.
- 1 + years of surgical NP experience, preferred.
- Current California RN and NP License.
- Current NP furnishing license.
- Current DEA.
- Current BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association.
- Must be board certified.
- RNFA certification is a plus, but preferred.
Contact Leilani Patacsil, BSN, MBA, Nurse Recruiter at 626-218-3859 or email [email protected] to schedule a phone interview.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top