Supervisor Revenue Cycle
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Reporting to the Manager, the Revenue Cycle Supervisor exercises discretion and independent judgment to plan, supervise, and coordinate the daily operations of the Revenue Cycle department. Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and practices. Leverages expertise to ensure department goals are met and directly supervises Lead Collectors of each functional specialty. Monitors and assesses practices to ensure staff is working proficiently, accurately, and completely to facilitate the billing and reimbursement process. In addition to overseeing department operations, the Revenue Cycle Supervisor performs key management functions such as hiring, updating and refining job descriptions, training, scheduling, performance counseling, and evaluating employees. This position also performs monthly incentive review and annual performance reviews of subordinates.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide supervision, direction, and expertise to Leads.
- Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures to ensure quality and accuracy of
- collection function
- Performs annual employee performance appraisals of Leads. Provides significant input on performance appraisals, hiring/selection, termination, and promotion of staff and Leads.
- In partnership with the Manager and Director of Revenue Cycle, recruits, on-boards, and trains new employees. Actively takes steps to retain qualified collectors.
- Ensures that staff and Leads keep abreast of all new changes in billing guidelines set forth by the regulatory agencies and conducts monthly employee performance incentive bonus review.
- Provide technical expertise and inputs to members of the Revenue Cycle and Operations management teams to improve quality of billing operation and appeal process and assure organization's compliance to billing guidelines set forth by CMS and Medi-Cal.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory bodies, including OSHPD, CMS, etc.
- Acts as an internal consultant for all issues related to practice management software or other systems used by Billing and Collections staff.
- Ensures billing accuracy, maintaining continuous compliance with billing guidelines set forth by CMS and Medi-Cal.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years revenue cycle experience.
- 3+ years in leadership capacity in a revenue cycle.
Back to top