Supervisor, Materials Night Shift
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for efficient management of the OR Surgical Supply, Warehouse Operations/General Stores, Research Stores staff, supply order and inventory, shipping and receiving and equipment/furniture moves.
Prepare work schedule, assign personnel, evaluate work performance, and make recommendations for personnel action. Arrival Receiving and Delivery System Administrator. Maintain records of deliveries and signature of recipients. Inspect area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards, and take corrective action when violations occur. Direct maintenance of department facilities, equipment and materials in a condition to promote efficiency and safety. Assure that all materials and equipment are received, stored and shipped efficiently and in a timely manner. Develop and maintain quality assurance/performance improvement records and techniques for department.
- Oversee and assist staff as needed to receive rush packages from various carriers. Assign staff to make delivery by delivery routes.
- Works with Campus Planners to schedule and coordinate relocation moves. Manages other requests through the intranet move request form, emails and phone. If required negotiates with outside movers to obtain best service price.
- Track packages for internal and external customers. Expedite emergency requests for supplies, shipping, equipment moves and room set-ups.
- Find delivery locations for packages missing correct delivery information.
Collaboration with Purchasing
- Work with purchasing agents to research and correct purchase order line items and misinformation so the purchase order can accurately be received in ERP.
Maintain Surplus and Archive File Warehouse
- Inventory and reassign surplus furniture to departments as needed. Assign staff to deliver archive files as requested by customers. Oversee storage of current files and destruction of dated files.
- Store, inventory, and coordinate delivery of new equipment and furniture for COH/Beckman departments.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The position directly supervises:
- Materials Specialists
- Material Handlers
- Shipping & Receiving Clerks
- Mail Clerk Lead
- Mail Clerk
- Associate's Degree or 2 years of experience in hospital or clinical operations within a materials management, supply chain, or warehouse environment (outside industry experience can also be considered)
- 2 years of experience in clinhealth care, warehouse and storeroom operations.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Business or comparable field
- Experience within a hospital operations setting, supervision or management of manpower within a materials management function.
- Comfortable with supervising and directing people & resources, able to work under stress and manage projects and implementations effectively. Strong collaboration skills are beneficial.
- Arrival Receiving and Delivery System
- PeopleSoft ERP Receiving, Inventory and Issue System
- SendSuite Mailing and Shipping System
- Federal Express Powership System
- Personal Computer, IPad - 80% Arrival Scanners 10 % - Forklift 5%
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top