Supervisor, Front Office
- Van Nuys, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for the coordination and operation of the Front Office functions at multiple locations. Acts as liaison with physicians, patients and other office staff. Responsible for assisting in the development of and administration of office policies and procedures. Supervises and coordinates front office staff activities and responsibilities. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversees all front office functions. Recruits, hires and supervises front office staff in addition to developing and attaining performance goals and objectives. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions. Provides assistance and coverage for front office functions as required.
- Prepares and conducts training sessions with staff regarding coding, accurate charge entry, and other front office functions.
- Develops and maintains a professional department that assists the organization toward its goal of improving cost-effectiveness of health care delivery.
- Acts as liaison between physicians, administration, and business departments.
- Coordinates office procedures with front office, medical staff, and billing office to ensure smooth flow of information within departments.
- Participates in the completion of month-end close checklist for all assigned items to ensure meeting or exceeding corporate timelines.
- Implements and complies with Company Reimbursement Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Reviews all attorney requests and records to ensure proper authorization has been obtained and all documentation is present.
- Oversees insurance verification process, in addition to patient financial counseling to ensure patients are apprised of financial obligations.
- Ensures that authorizations are obtained in a timely manner.
- Reviews posting of charges from encounter forms and hospital charges within 24 hours. Reviews daily encounter forms for completeness and accuracy, following up with appropriate person(s) to obtain complete information.
- Maintains knowledge of current health care and billing trends and practices.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Seven years of medical office experience.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
Back to top