Supervisor, Contact Center
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under the general direction of the Contact Center Director, the Contact Center Supervisor will oversee call center representatives, support day-to-day operations and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Independently exercises discretionary powers to solve managerial and/or operational problems.
Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning work, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering timekeeping system; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
Ensure a high level of customer service by conducting weekly quality monitoring of calls; motivating and encourage agents through positive feedback; taking difficult calls when an agent needs assistance; working to resolve patient and provider complaints; establish regular meetings with providers and other departments to review call center performance.
Continuously assess and streamline processes, establishing and implementing standard work, maintaining performance boards, monitoring metrics, coordinating meetings and facilitating workgroups. Maintains equipment by evaluating and installing equipment; developing preventive maintenance programs; calling for repairs; evaluating and implementing upgrades.
Handle special projects involve supporting work related to various strategic initiatives such as improving patient access, improving patient satisfaction, and implementing new systems.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The following Pillars in Action are the behaviors that accelerate our impact as we deliver on our Vision and Strategic Priorities:
SPEED. We move with speed.
- We execute with a sense of urgency.
- We learn quickly and adjust course.
- We take ownership and eliminate bottlenecks and barriers.
FOCUS. We act with discipline and focus.
- We own City of Hopeâ€™s enterprise priorities.
- We deliver measurable results.
- We explore ideas broadly, and commit to ideas selectively.
ENTERPRISE. We behave as one enterprise.
- We work together, not in silos.
- We stand by each other and our decisions.
- We encourage innovative thinking and embrace responsible risk taking.
CONNECTEDNESS. We connect and network.
- We attract and collaborate with diverse talent.
- We connect and extend our relationships.
- We welcome and embrace external partners.
SPONSORSHIP. We trust and sponsor.
- We value and inspire each other.
- We extend trust.
- We sponsor each otherâ€™s success.
The position directly supervises: Call Center Representatives and Clerical Specialists.
The position indirectly supervises:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least 2 years clinical operations experience as a supervisor or lead. One year work experience scheduling and taking complex scheduling calls with a cancer center.
- Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Medical Insurances
- Quantitative skills for statistical analysis and budget assessment.
- Desktop, telephone, cell phone, pager, fax, copier
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Occasional travel required
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs.)
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasional standing/walking
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top