Staff Scientist - Enzymologist
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the efforts to develop a new class of immunotherapeutics in the laboratory of Professor John Williams at the Beckman Research Institute at the City of Hope, a world class institute that played essential roles in the development and translation of recombinant insulin and humanization of monoclonal antibodies and continues to lead in the development CAR T cell and other novel therapeutic approaches. The position will be one of five new research scientist positions in Professor Williams’ laboratory funded by an innovative biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel best-in-class immunotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The breakthrough technology that underpins the research platform was pioneered in the Williams lab. It is anticipated that the successful applicants may have the opportunity to transition into the drug discovery or pre-clinical development organizations of the biotechnology company in the future.
- Enzyme Assay development
- Enzyme Kinetics determination
- Enzyme substrate identification
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- PhD in enzymology, degradomics, biochemistry, protein chemistry, molecular engineering or related field.
- Experience with enzyme purification, kinetic determinations, substrate identification, and assay development
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and the handling of human tissues is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Post-Doctoral and/or Industrial experience is desirable
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top