Sr. Technical Project Manager
Responsible for simple to intermediate projects and project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver business solutions and services to the department. Interacts closely with internal staff and external vendor partners to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications
- Possess strong leadership skills and a proven track record for managing large and complex initiatives and delivering positive results
- Proven ability to build and contribute to teams that are exceptionally customer-oriented, deliver business value and are well respected within the organization.
- Provide strong thought leadership with the ability to create a vision and link the IT strategy with the company’s business strategy.
- Ability to maintain detailed project plans that include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion.
- Ability to translate and organize goals/objectives into actionable plans, projects and committed time frames, and then manage the effort, communicate status and mitigate risks and issues.
- Knowledge of project and system development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile) and the demonstrated ability to apply and adopt methodologies to align with project needs and drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective risk planning and mitigation.
- Ability to create technical and business documentation including white papers, knowledgebase articles, system diagrams, workflow diagrams, and presentations.
- Ability to accurately scope, define and estimate work effort and resource plans for assigned projects.
- Experience with workflow analysis and process redesign to improve efficiency and performance.
- Demonstrated experience managing (scope, forecast, and monitor) budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop metrics and reporting frameworks to measure efficiency and effectiveness, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the maturity of programs
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn and adapt new ideas and concepts, and to work independently or as part of the team to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and provide deliverables within fixed timelines and under pressure, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Capable of clear and sound reasoning, with a demonstrated ability to use good senses, and sound judgement in practical matters.
- Understanding of systems analysis, systems architecture, and systems engineering principals such as TOGAF – The Open Group Architectural Framework, Zachman/Taxonomy, Federal Enterprise architecture, or Gartner Methodology.
- Working knowledge of the principals of Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated experience with fundamentals, principals, and processes related to change control for information systems
- Knowledge of testing fundamentals, the creation of test plans, and processes to ensure the identification, tracking, and remediation of bugs, errors, and defects.
- Experience supporting software and hardware for business use, analyzing problems and assisting customers with issue resolution, and exercising best practices to monitor and conduct preventive and routine maintenance on business systems
- Understanding of IT infrastructure components including desktop/server-class hardware, software, network and telephony
- Demonstrated understanding of information system security fundamentals and principals, including security protocols, encryption and access management to ensure adherence to regulatory/compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of basic analytics/statistical principles, and the ability to synthesize complex information into an easy to understand manner
- Knowledge of business workflow and associated terminologies, and the ability to document them with industry standard tools such as Visio or PowerPoint
- Ability to work with customers and vendors to analyze problems, determine appropriate courses of action, and identify root causes and resolutions
- Experience leading multiple projects through the entire project lifecycle, from concept to close
- Understanding of project management tools including Microsoft Project and ability to produce work breakdown structures, project status reports and Power Point presentations
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and work in a team environment with internal and external clients, vendors, consultants, and IT resources
- Ability to manage resource conflicts
- Familiarity with a variety of technical platforms
- Ability to assess risk and escalate appropriately
- Flexible with work hours, ability to work on evenings and weekends as a project requires
- Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) project certification
- Excellent interviewing and questioning skills
- Excellent listening skills, facilitation skills in order to host effective meetings. Excellent writing and organizational skills and interpersonal collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- Five years information technology/project management experience in a dynamic fast paced business environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation by the Project Management Institute (PMI) preferred
- Experience with IT project management, team management, and vendor management which includes IT contract negotiations, rate reductions, and renewals
- Three or more years of proven experience managing multiple technical projects
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top