Sr. Technical Project Manager
Spearheads efforts to develop, design, budget and implement defined infrastructure solutions in support of enterprise standards. Provides thought leadership on how to manage a large portfolio of concurrent projects with constrained resources. Key traits of this role include leadership, innovation and excellent communications and presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences. This position collaborates with other colleagues and peers to ensure that everyone is managing toward the same outcome and that project timelines are validated. This role will sometimes be required to redirect resources (human or capital) from one project to another to achieve enterprise objectives. This position will also be accountable for identifying and understanding technical workflows, data lifecycles, business value, project impact and the long term operationalization of the project. Manages infrastructure projects that are enterprise initiatives driven by the organizational strategic plans. Leads a multi-disciplinary team of technologist to define infrastructure solutions to meet business, biomedical and scientific requireme
Main Responsibilities Includes:
- Responsible for project management of IT integration for acquisitions of COH facilities.
- Negotiate contracts with IT vendors for telephony, network, and infrastructure systems.
- Responsible for coordinating the IT Operation teams including for Site Development Resources, including budgets, variance tracking and IT charge backs
Manages all phases in development and maintenance of technical infrastructure systems from requirements and design to post implementation.
- Drives project risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
Communicates technical aspects and applications to non-technical professionals and stakeholders such as relates to Client Server environments using Windows, Unix, Web, load balancing and virtualization, etc.
Acts as user liaison between project stakeholders, vendors and Information Systems technical services. Conducts meetings with users to determine business requirements. Interacts with Principal Investigators, directors and different levels of management to capture and organize information needed to develop new computing systems and project deployment oversight.
- Partner with various teams, such as HR, Facilities, and business units, to facilitate improvements related to integration, reporting, communications, finance and training
- Partners with business and IT project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
Develops detailed system design which support system requirements. Conducts technical reviews and walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members. Reviews and critiques the technical documentation of other systems to assure quality products.
- Manage provisioning, installation of all voice and data circuits in enterprise. Facilitate the installation of multi-vendor telecom, data center and network infrastructure
- Oversee the installation of all low voltage cabling throughout the enterprise
- Main escalation contact for all Moves, Adds, and Changes for project and/or customer initiated requests
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion
Remains knowledgeable of information technology and company business operations. Recommends the implementation of technology to support the company’s objectives.(workflow analysis and technical requirements/impact)
- Capture and report overall departmental impact each quarter to executive management, which includes accomplishments, metrics, budgets, staffing and go-forward action plans
- Provides financial metrics, value realization, and other strategic reports for executive leadership, business stakeholders, and IT team
Provides direction and oversight to technical staff. Assists staff in developing solutions to problems as necessary. Continually evaluates methods of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new programming techniques, different technology platforms, more technically-trained personnel
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- Five years information technology/project management experience in a dynamic fast paced business environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation by the Project Management Institute (PMI) preferred
- Experience with IT project management, team management, and vendor management which includes IT contract negotiations, rate reductions, and renewals
- Three or more years of proven experience managing multiple technical projects
- Experience with Windows XP or higher, Microsoft Office or higher, EbUILDER and Primavera, Visio, Citrix
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Back to top