Sr. Systems Specialist - Analytics & Decision Support for Research Operations
Job Title:Sr. Systems Specialist - Analytics & Decision Support for Research Operations
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for creating & maintaining significant enhancements and customizations to major applications using both custom application vendor delivered and/or generic programming tools. Controls development of new computerized systems; rewrites existing systems. Provides technical and user support for computerized systems. Participates in a variety of activities such as hardware/software trouble-shooting and investigation and testing of new software and programming techniques. Provides technical leadership in area of expertise. Identify need for and define and program system audit reports, and use standard system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, verifying data for completeness, correctness and consistency, identifying gaps; analyzing root cause for data problems and proposing, with justification as needed, solutions.
Essentail Job Functions:
- Provides system design assistance as required by project leader or manager
- Responsible for development of sub-systems within projects
- Designs, develops, and documents programs assigned by project leader or manager
- Assists in establishing system testing requirements and in conducting overall system testing
- Conduct in-depth analysis to solve problems, identifying gaps and issues that minimize system modification and maintenance; make recommendations, including discovering new approaches or applications
- Works with management and users in defining major systems to be computerized
- Performs detailed analysis of user requirements
- Creates detailed specifications for systems being computerized
- Coordinates implementation of system, including hardware/software installation and user training. Coordinates testing of system components
- Provides support to end-users for various applications
- Responds to calls from users requiring information on system performance and use, defining enhancements, and resolving problems
- Attends meetings with users to discuss related systems. Provides follow-up in relation to progress of requests and resolution of problems
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality
- Applies software updates received from vendors.
- Participates in problem-solving sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Three to five years in a programmer/analyst position working with large multi-user systems
- Structured development techniques in system development
- Participation in user interface. Formulate and track detailed project schedules and estimates.
- Supervisory and hospital experience preferred.Excellent human relation skills
- Proficient in at least two high-level programming languages (C# experience a plus)
- Computer Information Science or related field
- Additional software requirements: Pascal, Fortran,
- Compile statistics.Input data into computer programs
- Maintain logs. Prepare reports
- Use computer packages to prepare graphics
- SQL/T-SQL (stored procedures, scalar functions), SSRS, Peoplesoft Applications and Tools
- Computer peripheral equipment, Visual Studio IDE or equivalent
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-DA1 | *CB-DA ~dice~
Back to top