Sr Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Administrator
Req ID: 8741
City of Hope is a leader in Cancer and Diabetes research and treatment. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior System Administrator to support our Enterprise Document Management application project and operations. This positon is located in Irwindale, CA (Los Angeles area).
This position will provide technology support for City of Hope’s Enterprise Document Management application. Primary responsibilities are to provide technology planning and support for both implementation projects and system operations. As a member of the information technology department, the role requires effective collaboration and communication with both technology and business associates.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Provide architecture planning, technical leadership and best practices configuration to support application implementation and major upgrade projects.
- Perform application and technology tuning as needed to ensure optimal system performance
- Monitor system health and proactively apply technical updates to ensure application performance, quality and uptime
- Perform technical administration for production and non-production environments, including patching, environment refresh, and security administration.
- Perform technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis as needed to support production operations.
- Provide technical guidance and support to application support teams and business users
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Enterprise Document Management (EDM) technical architecture and administration.
- Experience with OnBase systems administration highly desirable
- Develop and maintain the Enterprise Document Management (EDM) application security administration, creating user profiles and roles
- Apply System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process for testing and migrating EDM object changes between development, test and production environments
- Experience with various infrastructure technologies, including Windows, UNIX, middleware, Microsoft SQL and Oracle DBMS
- Strong oral and written communication skills.Demonstrated ability to communicate with business and technology associates at multiple levels
- Project Management experience highly desirable.
- System administration experience with Employee Resource Planning (ERP) applications highly desirable.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top