Sr Strategic Portfolio Manager
The Transformation Office (TO) is responsible for spearheading and executing initiatives to drive enterprise transformation and organizational improvement across the enterprise, including clinical and research functions. The complexity of programs and change required is significant, and will fundamentally change City of Hope’s destination, and as such, the need for a strong portfolio manager will be critical to their overall success.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Program Management and Process Improvement, the Strategic Portfolio Senior Manager, will have direct oversight of complex projects related to one or more of the strategic objectives (e.g. Clinical/Patient Experience, Clinical Growth, Research Excellence, and Financial Sustainability).
This position oversees a team of project managers, analysts, and facilitators who support the organization in the execution of portfolio initiatives.
The Portfolio Manager will lead the portfolio and team (within and outside of Transformation Office) through best practice standards in accordance with balancing the business need with available resources:
- Develops thorough understanding of all initiatives within the assigned portfolio and a strong, broad/horizontal communication pattern across portfolios. Ties in dependencies and synergies among initiatives and projects.
- Executes all deliverables per plan and will be a single point of accountability for the portfolio’s success
- Maintains project assignments, monitors workloads, and resources to meet portfolio objectives
- Frequently reassesses projects within the portfolio scope to ensure projects are carried out according to established plan and budget
- Provides direction and leadership, serving as a resource to staff on all project tasks
- Meets regularly to review project activities, consultant performance and management strategies
- Reports and is accountable for Portfolio Status, Data requests & Reports to the Executive Director
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- 5-8 years of experience in running large projects/programs with portfolio oversight
- Team leadership experience
- Proficient in MS Project and/or Portfolio Management Systems
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Advanced degree (MBA,MPH or MHA is preferred)
- PMP or Lean Six Sigma certification
- Consulting firm experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Demonstrated history of effective leadership, building and developing high performing teams, establishing performance standards, and transitioning staff through organizational change
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top